Tracking Number

Socrates

Hello people,

I suggest adding a custom message to use when a product is Shipped,
and that already exists I know, but a new one that contains a shortcode for the tracking number;

All we need to do next is, in the Orders Page, we put the tracking number into the Tracking Number Field of that particular buyer, (and we'll be able to save it) So when the status of the order is changed to Shipped, the message with the tracking number shortcode is sent to that particular buyer automatically.

This will help us avoid sending a new and a separate message containing the tracking number manually to the buyer.

Vitaly Kukin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello people,

I suggest adding a custom message to use when a product is Shipped,
and that already exists I know, but a new one that contains a shortcode for the tracking number;

All we need to do next is, in the Orders Page, we put the tracking number into the Tracking Number Field of that particular buyer, (and we'll be able to save it) So when the status of the order is changed to Shipped, the message with the tracking number shortcode is sent to that particular buyer automatically.

This will help us avoid sending a new and a separate message containing the tracking number manually to the buyer.

At the moment, there is a possibility specify Tracking code in the order, but as long as this information is not sent automatically.
I think we will add this function in future. Exactly how it will work we will describe in future updates

Socrates

At the moment, there is a possibility specify Tracking code in the order, but as long as this information is not sent automatically.
I think we will add this function in future. Exactly how it will work we will describe in future updates

That will be a powerful feature.

Good luck on that.

JesseM

I 2nd this feature, that after adding the tracking number an optional email gets sent out to the person with the tracking information.