Theme issue

chris37

@Ekaterina Sayapina in the latest update of da Vinci woo, in the gallery, on mobile the arrow is stil visible....how I say we see for mobile devices (so small screen ,I like to see the image not the arrow,how use to be in 1.2.4 version )
Screenshot_20200909-114251_Chrome.jpg
Also you remove the ability when I slide the image when I reach the last one, in the previous version I could go from the last one to first again from there ,now is stack and I have to go backward.... I do not understand why such limitation is put in this update.
I wait your quick support on this.

chris37

I can disable the arrow for mobile with css, but I don't know how to make the the slider start from them beginning when is on the last image how was before .
Now when I reach the last slide image is stack there and I must go same way backward.

daniel-97

I can disable the arrow for mobile with css, but I don't know how to make the the slider start from them beginning when is on the last image how was before .
Now when I reach the last slide image is stack there and I must go same way backward.
I got a problem with the related product section. Not like yours, but I can only scroll each product once, cannot slide all the way like the old version, so I just disabled that function lol

chris37

I got a problem with the related product section. Not like yours, but I can only scroll each product once, cannot slide all the way like the old version, so I just disabled that function lol
Each update must be correcting the issue of the previous version... not to create new limitations :)

chris37

@Ekaterina Sayapina in the latest update of da Vinci woo, in the gallery, on mobile the arrow is stil visible....how I say we see for mobile devices (so small screen ,I like to see the image not the arrow,how use to be in 1.2.4 version )
View attachment 12816
Also you remove the ability when I slide the image when I reach the last one, in the previous version I could go from the last one to first again from there ,now is stack and I have to go backward.... I do not understand why such limitation is put in this update.
I wait your quick support on this.

@Ekaterina Sayapina is 100% bug the arrow appear on mobile only on products that they have a video on da vinci woo.Need fix.

also fix the infinity loop of the gallery how was before please

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

@Ekaterina Sayapina is 100% bug the arrow appear on mobile only on products that they have a video on da vinci woo.Need fix.

also fix the infinity loop of the gallery how was before please
Chris, this is not a bug. We had to add these arrows on mobile due to swipe issues.
If you feel like these arrows need opacity, please feel free to add some using CSS.

chris37

Chris, this is not a bug. We had to add these arrows on mobile due to swipe issues.
If you feel like these arrows need opacity, please feel free to add some using CSS.

Is a bug the arrow appear on mobile only in the product have video on the gallery....if they don't have video the arrow are not there(mobile mode) , check your demo website .
Is not possible to have 2 different way display the gallery!!!!!!!! One for the video (with arrow on mobile) and one with no video (without arrow on mobile).
Also the infinite loop is a feature which was in the previous version and I don't understand why must be removed. . .

Is look they technical limitations of the team or the way to push people to buy premium theme with the remove premium feature ..... any update must improve the previous version not to add limitations.

So now is need
1)remove the arrow on mobile of the product that have video on the gallery

2)Re-add the infinite loop in the gallery how was in the previous version 1.2.4

The gallery must look like the 1.2.4 with only the video on gallery fix the black background square dimensions.
Please this really need fix

chris37

AND is still me!!!!!! find more bug in this theme after the latest 2 update... please i want to add in my previous post .

how i say we have ONLY the arrow on mobile in the products have video on gallery..
now i found when i am on desktop in around 972px wight the product which dont have video they dont have even arrow so even whit mouse i must to slide it by right click please this is a serious issue.
see screenshot and see and you demo link please.

https://snipboard.io/mdZVSR.jpg

https://woo-newdavinci.alidropship.com/product/stainless-steel-cutlery-set/

how is suppose to go left or right without arrow.

the most staple version was before you try to fix the gallery for the video plugin 1.2.4 on da vinci woo .....

i dont undestand why you must complicated the thinks ... just make it how the gallery was of 1.2.4 without proplem at all, and with the infinity loop active and fix the video dimension display

@Ekaterina Sayapina give more attention, your team update a theme give to it more BUGS the ever before, what other i must do for you guys do something about this..

Do you want your people go out of this theme ??? what exacly are you try to do?

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Chris, I'm very sorry that you're feeling this way about the DaVinci Woo theme.
At AliDropship, we're always doing our best to deliver products that can really help your business and are easy and enjoyable to use. Our team addresses all issues and concerns AliDropship users have and might have.
You asked to keep video items square in the DaVinci Woo theme. To do this, we replaced the product page slider. Now video items are always square on mobile. Plus, with the new slider, you can zoom images (images used to open in a pop-up instead of being zoomed).
We wanted to help our customers show videos in product gallery and developed a free solution that we care about and keep improving.
You wanted to be able to upload YouTube and Vimeo videos to product gallery. We added this functionality. Now you can add not only mp4, but also YouTube and Vimeo videos.
We had to add arrows on mobile because YouTube and Vimeo videos open in iframe. In other words, what you see when looking at a YouTube video on your product page is YouTube itself (its part) that can't be swiped.
These arrows were created by a professional designer with UX best practices in mind. They fit nicely even on small screens and don't clutter product gallery. Besides, these arrows are another way for a visitor to see all carousel items: they can not only swipe (which might not be obvious for all users) but also tap (which might be a more convenient solution for some users). They provide extra insurance against swipe ambiguity. You might want to check this study on carousels on mobile devices carried out by Nielsen Norman Group, world leaders in research-based user Experience.
But you're right - it might not be a good idea to hide arrows on products that don't have videos. I personally take the responsibility for this decision. Also, thanks for letting us know the tablet resolution issue. We'll add arrows so that visitors to a product page can not only click on gallery thumbnails to see a bigger picture but also use tap on arrows to view next image.
Anyway, I appreciate your feedback. The more we know what our customers think, the better products we can ship We're happy to work with people who are that enthusiastic about their business and our products as you are.
Hope you - as a responsible beta tester - will share your thoughts on Smart Theme, too. I'm sure you'll provide a great input into the development process.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris37

Chris, I'm very sorry that you're feeling this way about the DaVinci Woo theme.
At AliDropship, we're always doing our best to deliver products that can really help your business and are easy and enjoyable to use. Our team addresses all issues and concerns AliDropship users have and might have.
You asked to keep video items square in the DaVinci Woo theme. To do this, we replaced the product page slider. Now video items are always square on mobile. Plus, with the new slider, you can zoom images (images used to open in a pop-up instead of being zoomed).
You wanted to be able to upload YouTube and Vimeo videos to product gallery. We added this functionality. Now you can add not only mp4, but also YouTube and Vimeo videos.
We had to add arrows on mobile because YouTube and Vimeo videos open in iframe. In other words, what you see when looking at a YouTube video on your product page is YouTube itself (its part) that can't be swiped.
These arrows were created by a professional designer with UX best practices in mind. They fit nicely even on small screens and don't clutter product gallery. Besides, these arrows are another way for a visitor to see all carousel items: they can not only swipe (which might not be obvious for all users) but also tap (which might be a more convenient solution for some users). They provide extra insurance against swipe ambiguity. You might want to check this study on carousels on mobile devices carried out by Nielsen Norman Group, world leaders in research-based user Experience.
But you're right - it might not be a good idea to hide arrows on products that don't have videos. I personally take the responsibility for this decision. Also, thanks for letting us know the tablet resolution issue. We'll add arrows so that visitors to a product page can not only click on gallery thumbnails to see a bigger picture but also use tap on arrows to view next image.
Anyway, I appreciate your feedback. The more we know what our customers think, the better products we can ship We're happy to work with people who are that enthusiastic about their business and our products as you are.
Hope you - as a responsible beta tester - will share your thoughts on Smart Theme, too. I'm sure you'll provide a great input into the development process.

1) the proplem here we have 2 way the gallery display one with product have video (with arrow ) , and one with product without video(without arrow) on mobile.

.This is not visual nice for no one to have 2 ways show in gallery must ,be the same.

You also say you put the arrow on video only because youtube can not be swiped? I didnt knew this limitation, when I remove the arrow with custom css I was still able to swiped (but was not yourube url on the specific video frame so i dont have feedbacks about that)

The matter here we have to have one way to display the gallery not 2.

2) the infinite loop is the must easy way to swibed back to first image , My opinion must come back.

3)the response theme on decktop (974px) must fix the arrow there.

4)about the beta test it I will share my thoughts in the specific thread with all the details.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

1) the proplem here we have 2 way the gallery display one with product have video (with arrow ) , and one with product without video(without arrow) on mobile.

.This is not visual nice for no one to have 2 ways show in gallery must ,be the same.

You also say you put the arrow on video only because youtube can not be swiped? I didnt knew this limitation, when I remove the arrow with custom css I was still able to swiped (but was not yourube url on the specific video frame so i dont have feedbacks about that)

The matter here we have to have one way to display the gallery not 2.

2) the infinite loop is the must easy way to swibed back to first image , My opinion must come back.

3)the response theme on decktop (974px) must fix the arrow there.

4)about the beta test it I will share my thoughts in the specific thread with all the details.
1. All products will shows arrows on mobile once the next version of the theme is released.
2. We'll add this option to the gallery later as well.
3. Arrows will be available with the next theme update.
4. Thanks!