The Van Gogh theme for a SINGLE-PRODUCT store (BETA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

To run a successful online store, sometimes it’s enough to have one great idea and only one awesome item to sell. Presented in an impressive way, your flagship product can be a real money-spinner.
The Van Gogh theme caters to the widest range of niches and it’s a breeze to adjust it to meet your vision. The theme is completely responsive and looks immaculate on all devices so you can generate greater mobile traffic. Demo content (as always) can be installed with a single click to help you kick start your single product business.

- Large Hero image
- Description sections on Homepage
- YouTube / Vimeo / MP4 video on Homepage
- Store features, trust badges and payment icons
- Large photos in Customer reviews
- One-page Checkout
- Countdown timer, Trust box and Why buy from us box at Checkout
- Instagram widget
- Subscription box
- Extensive color settings

The theme is bound to be the perfect match for your project if you think outside the box and are not afraid to be different. With Van Gogh, you can effortlessly craft a dreamlike website and get your hands on promotion.

Before getting started, it might be a good idea to have a look at our DEMO WEBSITE and check our Customization guide.

To test the theme, you need to have AliDropship original plugin and free time to test the theme. To get started, please send me a pm with your AliDropship plugin license key and I’ll send you a free license key for the theme. Don’t miss the chance to get this theme for free as a beta tester! Please note that the number of beta testers is limited.

Since this is a beta, please keep in mind that not everything might be perfect yet. But with your help, we can make this theme the best platform for everyone to sell stuff so your store visitors will definitely convert into buyers.

Your feedback and feature requests are very welcomed and encouraged! :)

hero image.png

van gogh description.png

home product.png

reviews pop-up.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Direct Webstore

Just installed in a brand new site with a fresh install of Alidropship and Social Rabbit. All seems to be working OK. Getting late now so I can't wait to get stuck into the customization and setting up for the first product tomorrow. :)

Direct Webstore

Wordpress has a "blog" page already and when you click Customize>General Settings>Add default pages and menus ... a second blog page is created, the theme blog page with the subscription box at the bottom. But it's URL is "/blog-2".

Having two blog pages may confuse some people. And the "/blog-2" URL looks strange.

I deleted the original Wordpress blog page (/blog) and edited the theme blog page's URL to "/blog". Problem solved.

Is there any way to get the theme to overwrite the Wordpress blog page when it creates all the pages?

Last edited:
E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Wordpress has a "blog" page already and when you click Customize>General Settings>Add default pages and menus ... a second blog page is created, the theme blog page with the subscription box at the bottom. But it's URL is "/blog-2".

Having two blog pages may confuse some people. And the "/blog-2" URL looks strange.

I deleted the original Wordpress blog page (/blog) and edited the theme blog page's URL to "/blog". Problem solved.

Is there any way to get the theme to overwrite the Wordpress blog page when it creates all the pages?
Thanks for bringing this to out attention! The issue will be resolved in the next theme update.

Direct Webstore

The CSS code box in Customization>Head does not work. Code placed there does not work.
But CSS code placed in Wordpress's Appearance>Customize>Additional CSS works OK.

Direct Webstore

On the blog page there is a "Go Back to Shop" button. Seeing as there is no shop, maybe the default text should be just "Home" URL (/)

Direct Webstore

The store's logo on the blog page is linked to the blog page and there's no way to change it (except for making a child theme and editing things). I think most people expect to be taken to a site's home page when they click it's logo. Can we at least have an option to change the link?

Direct Webstore

The pics in the Instagram Widget display on and off. Sometimes they are there, but then after a page refresh they are gone again. If I go to Customization>Social Media and click the "Update Instagram Images" button and save ... the pics are back again. But sooner or later they are gone again. I've "Updated" the images 3 times now.

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

The CSS code box in Customization>Head does not work. Code placed there does not work.
But CSS code placed in Wordpress's Appearance>Customize>Additional CSS works OK.
Do you have this section in mind? It works just fine for the theme.
If you want to make custom changes to your Blog, please go to Customization => Blog and add your code to the Header tag container for head elements textarea. Blog is managed by the plugin, not by the theme.

Head ‹ Van Gogh theme for AliDropship — WordPress.png

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

The store's logo on the blog page is linked to the blog page and there's no way to change it (except for making a child theme and editing things). I think most people expect to be taken to a site's home page when they click it's logo. Can we at least have an option to change the link?
Fair enough, thanks for sharing your feedback! We'll give Blog this little tweak.

Status
Not open for further replies.