The Future of Dropshipping

Gil

Hi everyone, I want to share my thoughts about the situation I'm at with my Alidropship store and maybe get some input from you guys.
It seems Aliexpress is getting more and more popular in my country (they now advertising on our national TV) and opened a center which can now deliver products in just a few days and return products to the center, which means there's almost no benefit of buying products double the price from my store. Here is a list of key issues continuing with the same store model:

1) More people are getting familiar and buying directly from Aliexpress.
2) Aliexpress is offering the same products now delivered/returned from/to the local country.
3) We are using the same product pictures of Aliexpress , the reputation of the website is getting damaged as people see the same pictures on Aliexpress.
4) Would you buy products from a Dropshipping store if you can get the same products fast and return them in your country half the price?

In general speaking I feel a bit like we are fooling our customers as there's not really a benefit anymore buying from me and I personally buy from Aliexpress directly and not even once used a dropshipping store.

daniel-97

Hello, I would like to share my thoughts about this matter if you don't mind.

1. In Viet Nam, we have a lot of online stores which sell a lot of cheap products, because they don't have to pay for rentals. But many brick & mortar stores still thrive. Why do customers buy from an expensive store if they can buy from a cheap online store? Because they think that money equals quality.

I ran many ads, tried to sell a product for $19 and $29, guess which one got me 2 sales and the other didn't. The $29 that is :) So pricing is totally objective. You can do a lot of things to build your brand, do researches.

2. There are over 200+ countries in the world, why make yourself to sell only in 1 country?

3. You only "fool/trick" people when you take their money/things and they are mad/sad or unsatisfied. If you send quality products and have a good customer service, they will be happy. And if they're happy, you're not fooling anyone, as I said above, "Pricing is objective"

Don't lose hope!

topango

Hello, I would like to share my thoughts about this matter if you don't mind.

1. In Viet Nam, we have a lot of online stores which sell a lot of cheap products, because they don't have to pay for rentals. But many brick & mortar stores still thrive. Why do customers buy from an expensive store if they can buy from a cheap online store? Because they think that money equals quality.

I ran many ads, tried to sell a product for $19 and $29, guess which one got me 2 sales and the other didn't. The $29 that is :) So pricing is totally objective. You can do a lot of things to build your brand, do researches.

2. There are over 200+ countries in the world, why make yourself to sell only in 1 country?

3. You only "fool/trick" people when you take their money/things and they are mad/sad or unsatisfied. If you send quality products and have a good customer service, they will be happy. And if they're happy, you're not fooling anyone, as I said above, "Pricing is objective"

Don't lose hope!
I'm inspired..... Did you do $10 per day And?

daniel-97

I'm inspired..... Did you do $10 per day And?
I usually do $5/day to check, I've not found any winning product yet so I haven't done the "scale" phase.

I did try with $10/day and it did bring me 2 sales so yeah. In my opinion, $5, $10 is for testing, not scaling