Taxes In Drop Shipping for LLC non resident owners

DanielM

Hi!

I opened a LLC in Delaware for my dropshipping business. I'm not a US citizen and i never been in US. I know that my company doesn't have to pay any taxes or fill any forms (please correct if i'm wrong). My question is: Do i personally have to declare the money that i receive from my LLC to the IRS ? Or i should only declare them in my home country?

Thank you!
Daniel M

DanielM

I found out that i have to declare them in my home country (Romania).

But how about the taxes in US. A dropshipping Delaware LLC must pay taxes in US? I know that it has to fill some forms (i don't know exactly which ones) but i'm not sure if i have to pay some taxes, some say i have some say i don't have. Can someone help me with this?

Thank you!

mustscience

A US LLC owned and operated by a Non-Resident Alien, is a pass-through entity and not liable to pay taxes in the US.

All that is required for that is,
(1) The person is actually a non-resident alien, and
(2) You are not “engaged in a trade or business in the United States“, short “ETBUS”

You are only ETBUS, of the following conditions are met:
(i) You have at least one “dependent agent” in the US. Dependent agents are employees or companies that work almost exclusively for you.
(ii) That dependent agent does something substantial to further your business in the US. Purely administrative jobs are not included under this rule.

Since you are doing drop shipping from China, you do not meet these criteria. Now taxes for you, and you can enjoy Romania's very low flat tax.

Since 2018, you have some filing requirements. But those are two simple forms.
I've written about this topic here: https://globalisationguide.org/us-llc-non-resident/

Hope this helps!

Chris

Edit: Ups, I realized this question is from 2017 My bad....

Well, I don't know how does that works in your country, but in most countries, you still have to declare your income. I mean, whenever you'll want to buy a new house or something that costs more than 100.000 bucks, the government might come with some questions for you, like the origin of money. So, you have to give them the answers they would like to hear. But, if you live in the U.S, you can call for the services of https://e-delaware.com/ein and let them do it all for you. Even if you have to fill in some taxes, they will help you out.

Last edited: