Tax/GST Not recalculating after discount

Polly

Hello,

At checkout - have noticed the GST amount doesn't recalculate once you enter a discount code. Example . $33.00 = $3 gst. less $10 discount = $23 gst is showing as $3.00 but should be $2.09

I asked Alidropship support and have been told that "The GST amount is going to be 10% of the initial price. That's the way the system works."

I'm a little speechless and a little more annoyed that they find this an acceptable answer. I have gone back with a further reply to this effect however I am very interested to know

Does anyone else have this problem?
Or does GST/Tax recalculate correctly?
Or any solutions on how I could rectify this myself?

Thanks in advance any assistance would be grateful.

Polly

chris37

I asked Alidropship support and have been told that "The GST amount is going to be 10% of the initial price. That's the way the system works."

I don't see the issue here,

Also your customer when they gonna get the discount coupon they doesn't going to care about that either.

Polly

:eek: I may have posted this in the incorrect section so sorry if I have I don't know how to delete. Have reposted in Alidropship plugin original. :rolleyes:

Polly

Thanks Chris for the prompt reply and your opinion that the customer won't care as long as they get the discount.

I agree the majority of customers probably won't however I would still like my website to be correct in displaying the correct pricing. It's illegal to display this component incorrectly, it also looks extremely unprofessional.

Any chance you know if there is a way to fix it or to give me some direction where to start?

Thanks

chris37

I agree the majority of customers probably won't however I would still like my website to be correct in displaying the correct pricing. It's illegal to display this component incorrectly, it also looks extremely unprofessional.
Can you provide a screenshot please of what you see ?

Polly

Hello Chris,

yes screen shot attached.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 1.29.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 1.29.04 PM.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 3

Polly

Thanks Chris, no can't hide it I really need it fixed. I'll follow up with alidropship directly .

If I'm having this issue would everyone else not have this issue? with the dali theme which we use anyway?

Polly

L
Like this is look like , I can not be sure , I must check it myself
Hi Chris
sorry to follow up but any chance you had a look to see if your site re calculates taxes correctly after discount?

As I’ve had a further thought with the effects of this being wrong.

what gets reported. If the gst should be $2.09 after discount but doesn’t recalculate and $3.00
remains showing what is being reported in sales transaction report. Is it reporting I owe $3 gst and not $2.09 therefore I’m paying and reporting more tax then I should be? (I can’t run a report myself yet we are trying to go live but this query and the other one with the you pay price not registering with gateway and charging the price before discount is delaying us complete by a transaction).
Thanks
Polly

chris37

L

Hi Chris
sorry to follow up but any chance you had a look to see if your site re calculates taxes correctly after discount?

As I’ve had a further thought with the effects of this being wrong.

what gets reported. If the gst should be $2.09 after discount but doesn’t recalculate and $3.00
remains showing what is being reported in sales transaction report. Is it reporting I owe $3 gst and not $2.09 therefore I’m paying and reporting more tax then I should be? (I can’t run a report myself yet we are trying to go live but this query and the other one with the you pay price not registering with gateway and charging the price before discount is delaying us complete by a transaction).
Thanks
Polly

Mate you over thinking it ;)

Yes is visual error in the checkout page and must be fix ,

But in your sale report is calculated correctly.

Polly

Oh awesome that is good news thank you Chris.
(Yes I know overthinking is my speciality and I use to be a bookkeeper so a little savvy with my $$$ )

Thanks for the prompt response I really really appreciate it. Have a great day

chris37

Oh awesome that is good news thank you Chris.
(Yes I know overthinking is my speciality and I use to be a bookkeeper so a little savvy with my $$$ )

Thanks for the prompt response I really really appreciate it. Have a great day
Have a great day too