Switching from AliDropship to Ali Woo

raiansar

So we intend to customize the layout and have the license for the Ali Dropship and Ali woo, however on trying to install Ali Woo I am getting Fatal Error. Even on turning on debugging I am not getting a proper error.

Also how would I transition from Ali Dropship and Ruben theme to Elementor and Hello Elementor? Will everything migrate to Woo automatically or do I have to take care of some stuff manually?

How does it work? Any kind of suggestions and input will be highly appreciated.

chris37

I recommend starting with a completely fresh site built with the WooCommerce version of the plugin. If you choose not to go this route, you'll need to deactivate the original AliDropship plugin and switch to a theme compatible with WooCommerce. After that, you'll need to install the AliDropship plugin for WooCommerce, which should work.

However, the best option, in all honesty, is to start fresh. Your existing products, currently on the Ruben theme, would need to be re-imported. Doing this on an existing setup could increase your site's size and resource consumption. This is why I strongly suggest starting with a fresh WooCommerce setup—it's more efficient in the long run. Ultimately, the decision is up to you.

Arttu

I'm not an expert, but at one point, I had a testing license for staging.mainsite.com, which I eagerly used to test-drive a template version. The main site was on WooCommerce (because I was young, eager, and wanted to experiment with both). However, nothing worked after the first push. I learned the hard way that those plugins don't mix well!

Now, I'm running two stores on separate droplets—one on WooCommerce and the other on a templated platform. I love the customization options WooCommerce offers, and despise the generic drop-shipping feel of the templated version, BUT...
In my opinion, the Ali Woo plugin isn't up to par at the moment. It needs some serious TLC from the devs. I'm guessing that the main bulk of their business comes from Sellvia and offering "customized" turnkey shops on those templates. Thus I imagine, Yaros & Co. are focusing their resources in that direction, especially since AliExpress seems to be launching a new subdomain or endpoint every other week [fun times]...

I've been manually processing orders on the WooCommerce shop for a while, but I got so frustrated that I actually emailed AliDropship to have someone take a look. It's still an open case, but I discovered that the other fulfillment option doesn't work anymore—it's all just API now. Unfortunately, on my WooCommerce shop, if a customer orders two variations of the same product, the API order doesn't process correctly.