Stripe Doesn't Accept Foreign-Owned US LLC ?

aminech

Hello,

Today I received an email from stripe saying they will no more support my business because my country is not supported even though my account was created for my LLC registered in US.

Anyone faced this before or have an idea how to deal with this?

While we hate to give you anything less than a great experience, it does seem that your business does not meet our current account requirements—we are currently only able to support accounts based[1] in the countries listed at https://stripe.com/global.
Even though we can’t currently help with your business, we very much look forward to helping out when we can. We currently have a dedicated team of people whose primary goal is to bring Stripe to every country around the world, and we can’t wait to get you up and running in the near future!
We understand that there may be some work involved with moving your business away from Stripe, and we're happy to help out with this process by giving you 14 days to switch over to a new provider. After that, you won’t be able to accept additional charges on your account, but we will continue making payouts to your bank account until you receive all of your funds.
We're very sorry that we have to turn away your business, and we all wish you the very best of luck moving forward—we hope you'll again consider Stripe once we're available in ..
Best,
[1] Stripe accounts primarily require a local physical address, business registration, local bank account, and significant operations in that country.

Last edited:

ayvazovskiy

Hey,

This is the reply I got from them last week during our communication:

"When it comes to registering for your Stripe account in the US, if you are signing up as sole proprietor it is necessary that you have an SSN to fill in to the relevant field. Otherwise, you can fill in the SSN with 9’s, as my colleague Rachel mentioned. I can include here some more information about the requirements for setting up your Stripe account in the US:
US - LLC

• US-based USD bank account
  • EIN (Employer Identification Number)
  • Some LLCs are listed under the owner's SSN and may only be verified using that number
  • SSN or ITIN (Can ONLY enter 0000 IF they do not have US citizenship. If they have an SSN, they must enter it)
  • US-based address (not PO box)
  • Government-issued photo ID from any country"

Have you got all the listed requirements ?

aminech

Hey,

This is the reply I got from them last week during our communication:

Have you got all the listed requirements ?

This is what they asked:

1. A tax ID in the US, either an SSN, ITIN, or EIN
2. A verifiable bank account based in the US
3. A photo ID, typically a passport, in the event that we're not able to verify your identity automatically using a SSN or ITIN
4. A physical and verifiable, non-virtual business location associated with your business' legal name and tax ID
5. At least one employee or account/business owner physically based in the US

1. Yes
2. No (Just a Payoneer bank acc)
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. No

Did you have the same experience? and did they accept at the end or no?

ayvazovskiy

Did you have the same experience? and did they accept at the end or no?
In the end I decided not to try my luck without having an LLC in the US. And after some investigation, I figured there are quite some running costs involved in addition to the formation of LLC itself. So I left this option waiting on a shelf for now. Checking other options with Skrill.

ayvazovskiy

This is what they asked:
1. A tax ID in the US, either an SSN, ITIN, or EIN
2. A verifiable bank account based in the US
3. A photo ID, typically a passport, in the event that we're not able to verify your identity automatically using a SSN or ITIN
4. A physical and verifiable, non-virtual business location associated with your business' legal name and tax ID
5. At least one employee or account/business owner physically based in the US

You registered as a sole proprietor and a non-US citizen, right ? This would explain why they need some employee based in the US.
When I got their requirement for US based LLC, they were a bit different.

mrkapable

You registered as a sole proprietor and a non-US citizen, right ? This would explain why they need some employee based in the US.

Yes i applied as a non us citizen however, my account was approved and i got a payment from them, however i got an email saying i can no longer process payment on stripe.

aminech

Nope, registered as LLC. Anyway they can go kill themselves lol
--
Edit:
2Checkout also required a real physical location of the LLC in US..

Last edited:

pawaparen

I know it's been a while since you posted about Stripe not accepting your foreign-owned US LLC. If you're still looking for a solution, you might want to check out us llc for non residents. They offer helpful insights on navigating payment processing challenges for US LLCs owned by non-residents. Their resources and tips could point you in the right direction to find an alternative payment provider that suits your needs. Don't let the setback with Stripe hold you back! With StartFleet.io's expertise, you'll surely find a solution to continue running your business smoothly.

Last edited: