Slow website

Hi,

I don't know what's wrong but i have a really slow website. Especially the back-end of wordpress is really slow.
This is what i did to try to fix it:

- Smushed photo's
- Installed a cache plugin
- Upgraded to the highest package of my hosting provider.

Can someone help?

You actually provided no details. Please start by giving us a little more information:
web server: nginx / apache
php version: 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.1
cpu's, ram, storage, count of other sites running
do you also have 97,000 plugins running on your site?
What provider?
How many products?
.... you know a little info would help out alot more then "Help me please!!"

I don't have that much knowledge about the technical part of the website.

But maybe this may help:

Besturingssysteem Linux
Server LiteSpeed
Geheugengebruik 37.04MByte
MYSQL-versie 10.1.37-MariaDB
SQL-modus NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
PHP-versie 7.1.24
PHP allow URL fopen Aan
PHP-geheugenlimiet 2048M
PHP max. uploadgrootte 128M
PHP max. berichtgrootte 128M
PHP maximale script-executietijd 120
PHP EXIF-ondersteuning Ja ( V7.1.)
PHP IPTC-ondersteuning Ja
PHP XML-ondersteuning Ja
Site-URL https://hippekussenslopen.nl
Startpagina-URL https://hippekussenslopen.nl
WordPress-versie 4.9.8
WordPress DB-versie 38590
Multisite Geen
Actief thema Claue Child 1.0.0
Titel website Hippekussenslopen.nl
Taal website nl
Startpagina weergeeft page [ID = 4082]
Zichtbaarheid zoekmachines 1
Permalink-instelling /%postname%/
Active Plugins
Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce 5.1.1
AliDropship Woo Plugin 1.3.1
All In One SEO Pack 2.9.1
BJ Lazy Load 1.0.9
Claue Addons 1.1.4
Claue Sample Data 1.0.0
Contact Form 7 5.0.5
Custom Product Tabs for WooCommerce 1.6.6
Email Text Customizer for WooCommerce 1.0.3
Enhanced E-commerce for Woocommerce store 2.1.4
Envato Market 2.0.1
Facebook for WooCommerce 1.9.7
GDPR Cookie Consent 1.7.1
Instagram Shop by Snapppt 1.1.5
Jetpack by WordPress.com 6.7
LiteSpeed Cache 2.7.3
Loco Translate 2.2.0
MailChimp for WordPress 4.2.5
MetaSlider 3.10.2
Open Swatch - Woocommerce Color Swatch 2.1.1
P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) 1.5.3.9
Pin Maker 1.0.5
Really Simple CAPTCHA 2.0.1
Really Simple SSL 3.1.2
Regenerate Thumbnails 3.0.2
Sales Pop 1.4.2
Smush 2.9.1
Social Media Widget by Acurax 3.2.7
UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore 1.15.5
Use Google Libraries 1.6.2.3
WooCommerce 3.5.1
WooCommerce - All in One SEO Pack 1.3.4
WooCommerce Email Customizer with Drag and Drop Email Builder 1.4.29
WooCommerce Stripe Gateway 4.1.13
WP-Optimize 2.2.6
WPA WooCommerce Product Bundle 1.1.7
WPBakery Page Builder 5.5.5
WP Facebook Pixel 4.5
WP Super Minify 1.5.1
YITH WooCommerce Added to Cart Popup 1.3.4
YITH WooCommerce Ajax Product Filter 3.6.1
YITH WooCommerce Popup 1.2.7
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist 2.2.5

Stanislav Petr

Hello, I am facing the same issue. It seems that after activating AlidropshipWoo plugin CPU usage on my server rises up to 100% and stays there. I cannot confirm 100% that it is AlidropshipWoo causing this, but I suspect that it could cause it.

Stanislav Petr

I am running PHP 7.0. This morning I faced a problem that our server was running 100% all the time. I then disabled all plugins, suspecting it could be Woocommerce causing this heavy load. Running htop on the server usage was 20%-50%, mostly being at 32%... Then I slowly started activating other plugins that I previously disabled with a delay between each plugin 2 minutes so I can analyze the usage. Everything went fine. The last plugin to be activated was AlidropshipWOO... Approx. 20 seconds after activating the plugin the usage went to 100% and it does never goes below. Disabling the AlidropshipWOO plugin makes the CPU usage go to normal approx after 7 minutes. Now it's running 5 minutes at normal usage without AlidropshipWOO. But my eshop does not work properly, because images won't load properly. Thank you for that :(

Sunster

Staff member
Guys, website speed issues could be caused by many culprits. @hippekussenslopen , while some users are reported high cpu issue, this does not affect all users and that may or may not also be a factor here.

For your site first you should remove P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) 1.5.3.9. This plugin used to work but has been abandoned for many years and is very buggy now and has even brought down sites completely.

Next i would suggest you get rid of Jetpack as i believe that is the culprit causing these: (there's more entries like that that are not in the screenshot)
capture1.png

Then run another test here: https://gtmetrix.com/

Once you eliminate plugins, theme, custom coding etc as the culprit then your next step would be hosting. Or start at hosting by disabling all plugins, switch to default theme and run test to get base line.

And i see you are running a few plugins that are to speed up your site. This can also cause many issues. I would get rid of all of them for now but run Litespeed cache alone as you are on a Litespeed server. But run it with default settings for now. And don't forget to purge all cache from the Litespeed icon at the top of your dashboard after making changes.

Edit: Here's what i had testing from Canada on Gtmetrix. Not bad actually and it works pretty good for me. Once you tweak it, you can probably shave a couple of seconds off.

cap.png

And one of those plugins are probably the cause for the backend to be bogging down also.

Last edited:
I highly doubt its just AliDSW causing the issues. I went ahead and split my mysql and main server so i could see cpu and ram usages, though i see no issues once updating to php7.2 with the correct ioncude encoders. I also run nginx and php-fpm vs apache2 and php like most hosts.

Also, this server is running 2x wordpress sites, 2x alidsw sites, 1x matomo all running on a 2vcpu, 2gb ram machine.

Main Server
mainserver.png
Mysql Server:
mysqlserver.png

Last edited:
Hi,

I've disabled some plug-ins and only run Litespeed cache. After this it was better for a while. Now the website is very slow again. Some pages are working fine, but the back-end and categorie-pages like 'tv/film' and 'overig' are very slow.

I even can't go to the login page op wordpress. I get the following message

Request Timeout
This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

Please help me

Enov

in woo alidropship plugin, go to settings, and disable auto update products
it's known issue, not fixed yet

Enov

restart server, or go to FTP and rename alidropship plugin folder, wait a while then enable it again

Sunster

Staff member
Hi,

I've disabled some plug-ins and only run Litespeed cache. After this it was better for a while. Now the website is very slow again. Some pages are working fine, but the back-end and categorie-pages like 'tv/film' and 'overig' are very slow.

I even can't go to the login page op wordpress. I get the following message

Request Timeout
This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

Please help me
Hey there, i don't think this new issue of yours is Alidropship related. A few things to try would be:

1) Deactivate all plugins and see if you can get to admin, if so, reactivate one by one to find the culprit
2) Increase your memory limit in wp-config.php
3) Increase the maximum execution time in your php.ini file.

And if you are not familiar on how to do that, just shoot a ticket to your webhost or if you want, send me a pm and i can take a look.

Mrbb922

You have a lot of plugins doing the same thing, 2 different email builders, your using FB pixel but your woo FB already enables pixel on your site, you shouldn't even need really simple SSL if you have it correctly installed, Your using a super minify plugin when you have probably enabled your cache plugin to minify script/css or even your CDN (cloudflare, MaxCDN, ect), if you're not using a CDN you probably should. And remember that minify script/CSS can cause issues with plugins or themes as well. Either way, you have plugins basically both trying to do the same thing at the same time conflicting with each other. I would seriously decrease that list of active plugins, I'm not saying thats your only culprit but I can almost guarantee that certain plugins are conflicting with each other.

EDIT: Also I would not get rid of jetpack, its pretty useful giving speed, security and stats of your website along with live tax calculations used in your woo store. Jetpack comes with lazy load, and host images and static files on its CDN automatically (making your seperate lazy load plugin useless & maybe even conflicting), it also blocks suspicious login attempts, and can do all the security you're using another plugin for. Monitors site downtime, visits, ect.

Last edited:

alexmorco

I was also facing the same issue with my WordPress websites and blogs, It had very slow backend and also server response was also very slow, that time, I was using shared hosting but when I researched about the solution I found that cloud hosting performs much better and I moved to managed WordPress hosting with Cloudways platform, Now the backend and frontend both are loading very fast and backend works smoothly on its managed platform.