Shopping Cart...

elliot59

My store was originally on DaVinci 2.0, then I tried the Andy Warhol theme.
But with Andy, I got to the bottom of the page, 10 or 12 items, and there was no way to continue to the next page. No obvious pagination.
Honestly, I was confused. But I didn't have this issue with DaVinci 2, so I switched back to the previous theme.

Hey, themes are interchangeable, no? One is supposed to be able to swap themes at any time. But who knows what lurks behind the shadow.

I decided to test the shopping cart, so I placed item-A into the cart, clicked view cart, and then clicked remove (Item-A, the only item in the cart), and returned to shopping. However, item-A won't stay removed. Return to shopping landed me on item-B, which I added to cart,
Clicked to view cart, and item-A is still there, but no item-B.
man-scratching-head.png

Also, when item qty in the cart = 1, why doesn't the minus reduce item qty to zero?? Well, it doesn't.
Remove seems to remove from the page view, but not from the cart.
Is there some kind of caching problem? Who knows.

Perhaps I should have done extensive testing from the beginning. Well, I kept myself busy for months, and since I didn't have anything else to do, I got my money's worth. I have no confidence in this website now and must trash it before it causes me a case of agida.

Thank you for everything. Even with Alidropship; I still spend at least 30 minutes per item listing, before it is acceptable for an English speaking audience.
I've had enough. Ciao.

What's a license worth on the black market?

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

My store was originally on DaVinci 2.0, then I tried the Andy Warhol theme.
But with Andy, I got to the bottom of the page, 10 or 12 items, and there was no way to continue to the next page. No obvious pagination.
Honestly, I was confused. But I didn't have this issue with DaVinci 2, so I switched back to the previous theme.

Hey, themes are interchangeable, no? One is supposed to be able to swap themes at any time. But who knows what lurks behind the shadow.

I decided to test the shopping cart, so I placed item-A into the cart, clicked view cart, and then clicked remove (Item-A, the only item in the cart), and returned to shopping. However, item-A won't stay removed. Return to shopping landed me on item-B, which I added to cart,
Clicked to view cart, and item-A is still there, but no item-B.
View attachment 9620

Also, when item qty in the cart = 1, why doesn't the minus reduce item qty to zero?? Well, it doesn't.
Remove seems to remove from the page view, but not from the cart.
Is there some kind of caching problem? Who knows.

Perhaps I should have done extensive testing from the beginning. Well, I kept myself busy for months, and since I didn't have anything else to do, I got my money's worth. I have no confidence in this website now and must trash it before it causes me a case of agida.

Thank you for everything. Even with Alidropship; I still spend at least 30 minutes per item listing, before it is acceptable for an English speaking audience.
I've had enough. Ciao.

What's a license worth on the black market?
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback!

1. Pagination is available in the Andy Warhol theme only if you disable 'Use infinite scroll' option. Please feel free to send me a pm with your WP access details so I can check what might be the issue with your website.

andy pagination.png

andy pagination mob.png
2. Sure, you can switch to another theme whenever you want.
3. I'm afraid I couldn't reproduce the issue. Items get removed without any problems. I guess I'd better have a look at your website.
4. Item quantity won't decrease to zero because there's the remove link available next to it. Anyway, thanks for sharing your feedback! We'll give it another thought.

elliot59

It's the craziest thing, according to your documentation here, there is a switch to enable infinite scroll...
Like this...

infinite+scroll.png

However, my Customization > General Settings page looks like this...
Clearly there is no "Enable infinite scroll" switch. We don't seem to have the same version of the theme.
According to the theme itself, it is version 1.0.0; I'll bet that is not the current version. o_O

Capture.PNG

elliot59

Thanks Wanbiz. I went to the themes and took a look. Downloaded the current version. But, because I never got the update push, I had to first deactivate and delete the original before I could upload the current version. But clearly there are improvements.

The problem I was having with items in my cart, that would not stay removed, was solved by going into the SG Optimizer and purging the Dynamic Cache.

When I was an IBM Mainframe programmer, the entire environment was a holistic solution designed to function as a cohesive unit. However in this distributed platform environment, and plethora of OS's, browsers, program products, plugins... it is truly a wonder how anything actually functions, at all. Any small change can cause a disaster.

elliot59

Before uploading (by ADD NEW) to the latest Andy version. I had to deactivate the original Andy theme and delete it. Then I uploaded the new version, and activated it. But now, every time I log into admin, get this in Wordpress Updates.

When I try to update the theme see below for the resulting messaging.

PluginUpdates.png

How do I prevent this from continually recurring?

PluginUpdates2.png