Shipping rates and products

Maczad

I have a question.

I'm starting out as a dropshipper and I’ve a little confusion. As a dropshipper that ships to all the country, I am offering free shipping to all countries and meanwhile, adding the shipping fee to my products since it is free shipping i'm offering to everyone.

Now I’m confused with:

1. How do I set my shipping rates since every products have different prices of shipping rate. Especially Africa has higher ship rates than other continents, and I wouldn’t want someone from Africa shopping from my store and using the free shipping option and then I’ve to pay for the high rate shipping cost when I want to reorder.

2. How do I differentiate suppliers who don’t ship to Africa and other countries. Once I import the products, and they want to make an order, I’m guessing it doesn’t show whether the supplier ships to the country or not and they won’t be aware either since it doesn’t show.

Please help. Thank you

daniel-97

Are you sure there will be customers from Africa buying products from you?

In stead of worrying about the birds and the bees, focus on how you can advertise and convert your store to customers who are going to buy.

And you can exclude selling to African countries by excluding those countries from your Shipping Option

Maczad

Are you sure there will be customers from Africa buying products from you?

In stead of worrying about the birds and the bees, focus on how you can advertise and convert your store to customers who are going to buy.

And you can exclude selling to African countries by excluding those countries from your Shipping Option
okay, i understand that. but how do i find the major countries to ship to?

daniel-97

I think what you meant was finding the countries to target and sell to, right?

Always recommend the Big4: USA, UK, Australia, Canada

Maczad

I think what you meant was finding the countries to target and sell to, right?

Always recommend the Big4: USA, UK, Australia, Canada
i also have more questions, why does aliexpress shippers delivery time more longer than some other websites that offer insights on best products and suppliers? they have 3-14 days, 1-3 days, etc, but aliexpress shippers is 14 to 30 days even when you choose a supplier from united states and your delivering to united states?

daniel-97

i also have more questions, why does aliexpress shippers delivery time more longer than some other websites that offer insights on best products and suppliers? they have 3-14 days, 1-3 days, etc, but aliexpress shippers is 14 to 30 days even when you choose a supplier from united states and your delivering to united states?
Inbox Aliexpress live chat, how should I know lol

If you choose USPS shipping, it should be from 4-13 days

TroyChavez

You have to implement a tiered system based on destination and weight, instead of offering free shipping to all countries. This allows you to adjust the shipping cost based on actual rates for each country or continent.

irennenenne

Ok, but how to implement it? Any guide suggestions, please? I would appreciate it since I am still learning at an educational institution of business, and some support will be really welcome. I am lucky that I found at least https://assignmentbro.com/us/commercial-law-assignment-help to get professional assistance and commercial law assignment help. However, it takes work to begin doing business in this domain and being a competitor to the existing ones already.

Last edited:

leafsweetrolls

Figuring out which markets to target is also tied with knowing how to attract visitors in the first place, so doing on and off-page SEO is an integral part of both endeavors, I think...