Shipping, Cash on Delivery Questions

Razvann

Hi,
I have some questions regarding shipping and cash on delivery that I don't understand.
Shipping:
Let's say we have an order.
The question is if we can change the shipping method when we create the order for Aliexpress from our shop[here I think are 2 possible ways to create an order - automatically and manually. I don't know this thing because it's the first time for me to use this plugin and I didn't had orders.]?
I mean if let's say we have an order where the selling price is 30$ and on Aliexpress the product is 10$ and have multiple shipping methods, can we choose what shipping method to use and decrease from 30$ the shipping payment from our shop or what is the deal shipping in different countries and having warehouses in China USA Spain etc., we as sellers can choose the delivery method before creating the order for Aliexpress and automatically to decrease this from 30$ amount directly and the buyer to not pay at delivery fees or vamal taxes?
Cash on Delivery:
I modified an older account on Instagram and posted some pictures with my product and many peoples asked me if they can pay on cash delivery.
I saw in the settings page that we have this functionality but I am not sure and I don't understand how it works when a customer don't need the product at delivery and also if we need to charge the customer with some money for this service.

chris37

Cash on Delivery:
I modified an older account on Instagram and posted some pictures with my product and many peoples asked me if they can pay on cash delivery.
I saw in the settings page that we have this functionality but I am not sure and I don't understand how it works when a customer don't need the product at delivery and also if we need to charge the customer with some money for this service.
If you have way to collect international money from your local couries go for it ;)
But you must shipping the products yourself from this courier.

chris37

I mean if let's say we have an order where the selling price is 30$ and on Aliexpress the product is 10$ and have multiple shipping methods, can we choose what shipping method to use and decrease from 30$ the shipping payment from our shop or what is the deal shipping in different countries and having warehouses in China USA Spain etc., we as sellers can choose the delivery method before creating the order for Aliexpress and automatically to decrease this from 30$ amount directly and the buyer to not pay at delivery fees or vamal taxes?
Yes You can choose ..
Just remember some warehouse have different fees and some doesn't delivery in specific countries .
When you have your first order see where you customer is locate and use the cheaper shipping method for it destinations..Always choose shipping method with tracking information on.

Mar

The question is if we can change the shipping method when we create the order for Aliexpress from our shop[here I think are 2 possible ways to create an order - automatically and manually. I don't know this thing because it's the first time for me to use this plugin and I didn't had orders.]?
The question is confusing. When you say change the shipping method, that mean shipping method was selected by your customer when the product was ordered and you want to change in AliExpress. It will depend. If the customer paid shipping cost, you are not suppose to change it in AliExpress. The customer paid shipping for a purpose and that is to have a faster delivery. But if the customer ordered with free shipping, you can choose the shipping method in AliExpress. If you choose paid shipping, you will pay it with your profit.
Cash on delivery is very simple. The customer will pay upon receiving the order. That mean the customer will not pay in your store when he order. So you will have to pay Alixpress with your own money. That also mean the courier will collect the payment for you upon delivery. You will take care of everything including the arrangement of the courier who will collect and remit the money to you. So before you offer COD to your customers, make sure you are capable of the offer and is willing to take the risk if ever the customer will not pay. It is all yours.

Last edited:

chris37

The question is confusing. When you say change the shipping method, that mean shipping method was selected by your customer when the product was ordered and you want to change in AliExpress. It will depend. If the customer paid shipping cost, you are not suppose to change it in AliExpress. The customer paid shipping for a purpose and that is to have a faster delivery. But if the customer ordered with free shipping, you can choose the shipping method in AliExpress. If you choose paid shipping, you will pay it with your profit.
I don't think so he know about the alishipping add-on..
I believe he mean the deference ship variation have different ship cost !
In aliexpress this is what happened... But in he store Is not gonna have this option without the alishipping add-on!
@Razvann do you use alishipping add-on?
Also can you explain what you mean exactly with the above.

Reactions: Mar

Mar

[
I don't think so he know about the alishipping add-on..
I believe he mean the deference ship variation have different ship cost !
In aliexpress this is what happened... But in he store Is not gonna have this option without the alishipping add-on!
Alishipping add-on has nothing to do with it. What I was trying to explain is if the customer chose a paid shipping in his order, he is not suppose to change it in AliExpress.

Razvann

Sorry because I was confusing my English it's bad.
To be clear now I will try to explain better.
The subject about Cash on Delivery it's ok now it is what I needed.
Shipping:
In my store when the customer order something he will see something like this on Shipping method page please look on attachments.
Then we receive the order on Alidropship plugin in the Orders area.
The question is if we can change the Shipping method from there when we send the order to Aliexpress because they can have multiple shipping methods.
If we can change it, the amount for delivery will be charged from our product selling price right?
PROFIT = Our product in the store 30$ selling price and Free shipping - [Aliexpress product 10$ + 4$ (If we can choose another shipping method in Orders page in order to speed up the delivery because I don't want to use Free shipping method I want a faster way).]

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 15.06.07.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 15.06.07.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 11

Mar

In my store when the customer order something he will see something like this on Shipping method page please look on attachments.
Then we receive the order on Alidropship plugin in the Orders area.
The question is if we can change the Shipping method from there when we send the order to Aliexpress because they can have multiple shipping methods.
If we can change it, the amount for delivery will be charged from our product selling price right?
PROFIT = Our product in the store 30$ selling price and Free shipping - [Aliexpress product 10$ + 4$ (If we can choose another shipping method in Orders page in order to speed up the delivery because I don't want to use Free shipping method I want a faster way).]
To make it short and easy to understand, you can change the shipping method when you order in AliExpress if it is for the better. For the better mean when the product was ordered in your store as free shipping but you want to change into a paid shipping in AliExpress. Your customer will be happy. But changing a paid shipping chosen by your customer into a free shipping in AliExpress is unethical and bad,

Razvann

To make it short and easy to understand, you can change the shipping method when you order in AliExpress if it is for the better. For the better mean when the product was ordered in your store as free shipping but you want to change into a paid shipping in AliExpress. Your customer will be happy. But changing a paid shipping chosen by your customer into a free shipping in AliExpress is unethical and bad,
Now it is clear thank you very much!

Razvann

https://alidropship.com/addons/alishipping/

This add on bring the aliexpress shipping option in you store...
You can change if you want the shipping name and prices if you like.
This add.on helps you to add shipping methods beside the standard Free shipping method that all Alidropship users have on default plugin right? And this add on creates the environment in order that the buyer to pay the shipping or choose free shipping and see how fast the order can shipped to he's addres.

Razvann

This kind of informations are very valuable for me guys and thank you soo much! All of it helps me to understand better the process and keeps me motivated. I have a plan to promote my store and ideeas how to start my new business but I need some informations in order that everything to be correct and to be able to provide good services to the customers.

chris37

This add.on helps you to add shipping methods beside the standard Free shipping method that all Alidropship users have on default plugin right? And this add on creates the environment in order that the buyer to pay the shipping or choose free shipping and see how fast the order can shipped to he's addres.
Exactly how is in aliexpress is gonna be in your site .. plus that you can edit the shipping cost and name yourself .

chris37

This kind of informations are very valuable for me guys and thank you soo much! All of it helps me to understand better the process and keeps me motivated. I have a plan to promote my store and ideeas how to start my new business but I need some informations in order that everything to be correct and to be able to provide good services to the customers.
Always willing to help ;)