Running the product updater trips mod_security and blocks my IP address

David White

Hi, I've recently updated the Alidropship Woo plugin for my site from 1.4.2 to the latest version. Now whenever I've tried running the Product Update script, it gets to a certain percentage but no more. Worse is that it triggers something in mod_security which completely blocks my IP address even from accessing the Cpanel server. I had to use a VPN just to get a different IP address so I could get back into my site. I never had this problem on earlier versions of the plugin.

I've contacted my host who is attempting to add some whitelisting rules for the plugin but it keeps happening. I managed to delete loads of products so that the Product Update script can get to the 100% complete mark, but at the end I still find the mod_security has been triggered and once again my IP address is blocked. Any ideas?

Direct Webstore

I've seen this problem on this forum before and the advice was to disable mod security.

Just use a security plugin instead (if not already) I recommend "Wordfence" as an Alidropship compatible one.
(Others cause problems with the Chrome extension)

David White

I've seen this problem on this forum before and the advice was to disable mod security.

Just use a security plugin instead (if not already) I recommend "Wordfence" as an Alidropship compatible one.
(Others cause problems with the Chrome extension)

Yeah in the end I had to do exactly that. Hosting Support tried to whitelist the rules that got triggered but they couldn't get them all so in the end they had to disable mod_security. The weird thing is this never used to be a problem with previous versions of the plugin.