Renaming Variation / Sku no

ofuroinu

Hi

If I deleted one of the variation after importing and rename them .
When ali plugin place orders on aliexpress will the plugin create confusions and place order with wrong item instead?
Also are there any Sku no for each product?

Christina

Administrator
Hi

If I deleted one of the variation after importing and rename them .
When ali plugin place orders on aliexpress will the plugin create confusions and place order with wrong item instead?

Hello, ofuroinu!

Actually we recommend to use variations and attributes as they are on AliExpress to avoid problems with products updating and orders placing.

Could you explain in more detail what you mean? Thank you!

ofuroinu

Please discuss with your plugin developers because our side changing the variation name sometime is very important , reason is

most ali suppliers they give ugly variation name to the products which does not reflect good to customers.

Request to add a function allow us to change the variations and the plugin internally will have record of the original variation with ali website.

In Oberlo we can change as per our need and Oberlo have own record with aliexpress of the original variation.

Christina

Administrator
Please discuss with your plugin developers because our side changing the variation name sometime is very important , reason is

most ali suppliers they give ugly variation name to the products which does not reflect good to customers.

Request to add a function allow us to change the variations and the plugin internally will have record of the original variation with ali website.

In Oberlo we can change as per our need and Oberlo have own record with aliexpress of the original variation.

Dear ofuroinu!

You can edit a name of an attribute, but you should keep in mind the following:
- don't delete an attribute, especially, if it is used for variations;
- don't add your own attributes.
Otherwise, products can't be updated and orders can't be placed on AliExpress properly.

isoulliv

Hi Christina, I have a product with about 15 variations, however they are named really oddly, and I would like to change these to better reflect the options available to the customer, can you please advise how to do this, without causing any issues. The options allow me to add a variation, but I can't give it a name as such?

Also I imported the product and the picture shows that there is a blue variation, but when it doesn't actually provide it as an option to purchase, so does that mean that technically the gallery is incorrect?

isoulliv

Also it doesn't allow you to show the variations in the drop down menu and as images at the same time. When I make it image only, the drop down menu still appears, but then appears broken, is there a way to get around this?

Christina

Administrator
Hi Christina, I have a product with about 15 variations, however they are named really oddly, and I would like to change these to better reflect the options available to the customer, can you please advise how to do this, without causing any issues. The options allow me to add a variation, but I can't give it a name as such?

Hello, isoulliv!

You can edit a name of an attribute in Products -> Attributes. Don't delete an attribute and don't change its slug.
Attributes ‹ Jewelry Store — WordPress 2018-10-23 16-05-53.png

Also I imported the product and the picture shows that there is a blue variation, but when it doesn't actually provide it as an option to purchase, so does that mean that technically the gallery is incorrect?

Also it doesn't allow you to show the variations in the drop down menu and as images at the same time. When I make it image only, the drop down menu still appears, but then appears broken, is there a way to get around this?

Could you please PM me your domain name, WP login details and the link to the product you mean? I will check.

ofuroinu

Dear ofuroinu!

You can edit a name of an attribute, but you should keep in mind the following:
- don't delete an attribute, especially, if it is used for variations;
- don't add your own attributes.
Otherwise, products can't be updated and orders can't be placed on AliExpress properly.

Hi Christina

I got your point.
If I deleted variations which I dont want I will need to delete the attribute too right?

If I want to create my own bundles and add into variations and attribute, I can get the order from customer , but plugin cannot place order for me. I will have to do it manually right and fullfill my order and input tracking . Once I updated tracking and fullfiled will the plugin trigger the email to my customer?