Remove stars and % of customers have appreciate the product

quentin

Hi,

I am on the Rembrandt theme and I want to remove stars from the produt and the sentence 90% of customers have appreciate the product .

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-07-13 à 12.22.01.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-07-13 à 12.22.01.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 13

Christina

Administrator
Hi,

I am on the Rembrandt theme and I want to remove stars from the produt and the sentence 90% of customers have appreciate the product .

Thanks

Unfortunately, Customization settings don't include such an option, but you can hide them youself with css styles.

Direct Webstore

Yes it does. I just tried it on the demo theme. Make sure you copy/pasted all the code ... and click publish.

or try this ..

@media (min-width: 768px)
.single-product .product-main .product-rate {
display: none; }

Before ...
before.jpg

After ...
after.jpg

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

You did not say it was the category page. From your screenshot it looks like the single product page. One moment while I work out the code for the category page.

Direct Webstore

Actually, your first screenshot is the product page and the second is the category page.

This is for the category page...

.product-item .starRating {display: none; }

This is for the single product page ...

.single-product .product-main .product-rate {
display: none; }

You can paste both into Extra CSS if you like.

:)

jasper1122

Hey guys, I've searched high and low trying to get rid of the stars and the inflated numbers and I'm so glad to have found this but I've tried pasting both those codes to the Additional CSS with no change at all

I've also tried inserting the code below to the Head CSS in Customization, still no change

.single-product .product-main .product-rate, .product-item .starRating{display:none;}

Maybe it's because I'm on the DaVinci theme? Please help

jasper1122

I'm so sorry for the late reply, thank you so much - it worked!

Although in my case I had to change the line height to 20px as the titles weren't visible anymore at 50px

Now what I'm left with is a big empty space. Now I just wonder if I can place an add to cart button there to more conveniently add items to cart without leaving the page...

Direct Webstore

Now what I'm left with is a big empty space.
Try changing the line height to 0px ... not sure...just guessing.

Now I just wonder if I can place an add to cart button there
You would have to edit the category page theme file and include calls to the database and God knows what else to do that.

The Original plugin's themes were just not meant to be customised too much. They're pretty much "off the shelf" themes. But having said that, I completely changed Davinci's header, footer home page, social side bar and blogs pages. But none of those customisations involved calls to the database like a checkout button would. I'm OK with CSS, basic PHP and HTML ... but I suck at PHP and MySQL together... lol :)

If you had the Woo plugin and Flatsome theme, you could make a custom category page ... as well as well as a custom product, checkout, account or whatever pages.