Product Variation's Image Problem

daniel-97

When I published a product, the variation images were broken

1583728703092.png

But when I scrolled down, and scrolled up again, it showed up like normal

1583728736266.png

Maybe it reloaded and worked, but I don't want my customers to think my site is broken at some point. This is happening to all of my products, didn't happen before, just figured it out yesterday.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this before?

vladimir.matis

Staff member
Could you please provide the access details to your Wordpress website, so we can check what might be wrong?

We will need

WP admin URL:
Username:
Password:

Please note that the process of investigation can require temporary deactivation of the plugins and/or a temporary change of the current theme on your site. If you have any reasons to avoid deactivation of certain plugins, we would appreciate if you could warn us about that.
When I published a product, the variation images were broken

View attachment 11401

But when I scrolled down, and scrolled up again, it showed up like normal

View attachment 11402

Maybe it reloaded and worked, but I don't want my customers to think my site is broken at some point. This is happening to all of my products, didn't happen before, just figured it out yesterday.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this before?

daniel-97

Slow internet (on your end) and/or slow loading site. I've seen this on occasion. The images just need time to load.

Now everything is back to normal, I thought that was the reason too. But the weird thing is, all I needed to do was scroll a bit up or down and the images appeared right away.

Guess it reset the image somehow

Direct Webstore

all I needed to do was scroll
Ah! Missed that.

When you scroll, images load as you scroll because you probably have "lazy load" activated. That is, all the images on the page do not load at the same time. They only load as you scroll.

And the more images you have or the bigger they are in file size will also affect how fast they will load with "lazy load". (Or at any time, really)

Do you use an image optimiser like "Smush" or "Ewww"? If not ... you should.

daniel-97

Do you use an image optimiser like "Smush" or "Ewww"? If not ... you should.
Sadly I don't. But I'm using SEO Image Optimizer by Alidropship team and it really fits me, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it lol

When you scroll, images load as you scroll because you probably have "lazy load" activated. That is, all the images on the page do not load at the same time. They only load as you scroll.
Oh yeah that must be it! I used "lazy load" so my page could load faster, but I thought the concept would be for the bottom page images as the screen hasn't reached there yet. But if it applies to all the page then it's good to know!

Direct Webstore

Sadly I don't. But I'm using SEO Image Optimizer by Alidropship team
Nothing sad about it. I use the Alidropship one on one of my sites and it's fine. I use Ewww on the other sites.

I used "lazy load" so my page could load faster
The viewable part of the page does. The rest of loads bit by bit as you scroll. Your page seems to be having a few "hiccups" at times. Try disabling lazy load and see how it goes. Also, do two comparative speed tests.

Also, make sure you do not have lazy load enabled in two places, like the Alidropship settings and a caching plugin (if you have one). Just pick one and enable it there and disable it in the other place. Not really sure if that has a negative effect or not, but I have it enabled in my Flatsome theme and disabled in Wp Rocket Cache plugin and I don't experience any problems with page and/or image loading times.

daniel-97

The viewable part of the page does. The rest of loads bit by bit as you scroll. Your page seems to be having a few "hiccups" at times. Try disabling lazy load and see how it goes. Also, do two comparative speed tests.
Yeah, but now they're back to normal so I'm glad. I'm having trouble with my site loading speed. What is a good speed should be?