Product url in Rembrandt

johnweyer

hello all-
I have begun to import, edit and post products. They show in categories fine. Each item page come up as "website name/product name" . However,to appear in the "Products" page, it must be "website name/ products/ product name." Have I missed a setting? Anyone else have this issue?

Direct Webstore

It's the same in my store and all the other AliDropship stores I've seen. It's just the way it's been designed ... but the breadcrumbs in the top navigation show the category OK ... which is the main thing navigation wise. Why worry about it? Over complicating URLs isn't a good idea anyway, SEO wise. I wouldn't be surprised if it's been designed that way on purpose for that very reason.

johnweyer

Hello Sam,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I did not explain issue correctly. And yes, the URLs do not appear to be my problem. Yes your site shows correctly, When I click 'Products' in top menu I go to page that displays all your products correctly. As it should. As other sites do. On my site, when I click "Products" on main menu I go to products page which contains no products. Heading is ok, but no products. Shipping and Delivery page and Returns Policy page also did not download when I installed and went to Customization/General/add default pages/Create. Got an error message. I believe that was the root of my issue. Did not worry about it because everything else seemed to work ok and I can can manually do those pages Only my "products page". I will decide to live with it or reinstall and start from scratch if the issue is resolved. Good luck with your site BTW. Wish you well. -john

Direct Webstore

"Sam"? Who is he? And as for my site ... which one? I did not mention the URL of my site.
Your explanation is a bit confusing. Without actually seeing your site ... it's hard to know what you're talking about.

johnweyer

Hello,
So sorry, I got conversations mixed up, I was IMing at the same time. Need sleep. sorry for confusion
I was advised to reinstall however. Thanks for taking the time to reply, though -john

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hello,
So sorry, I got conversations mixed up, I was IMing at the same time. Need sleep. sorry for confusion
I was advised to reinstall however. Thanks for taking the time to reply, though -john
Hello, we need your domain name and WordPress login and password to check it out.