Product Price Updates

tomitech

Hi! I would like to ask about a good product/pricing management technique. I am 3 months into building a web store, and I am using Alidropship Woo. The plugin has a pricing formula to follow for different price ranges, it can also auto update the prices, and sends emails when products change on AX. The thing is that the pricing formula doesn’t take into consideration shipping. If I have auto update enabled, I either have to trust that it doesn’t make the cost too much or too low. Or, I can manually go through my product list and change it if it’s not good. The other thing is the emails don’t give the pricing info so I kind of have to go through a lot of products and it’s a really menial undesirable task.

There are a few more problems with this, for example, if the price auto updates and the price is too low because of shipping, I have to manually update the price before someone buys it and I lose money. The only way to mitigate this specific problem is to make the pricing formula very aggressive with no less than 4x multiplier if not more. I don’t think this is a solution because it’s outside my values, but there are other variables to consider in pricing. Original price has very little to do with markup IMO — it depends on a lot of different factors. Another solution I thought of was to make rounding an easy to spot number like 0.11 and check prices after updates, but this isn’t much of a solution to the menial task problem as products/prices update pretty frequently.

I am hoping I can find some better more reliable solutions.

Regards

chris37

Hi! I would like to ask about a good product/pricing management technique. I am 3 months into building a web store, and I am using Alidropship Woo. The plugin has a pricing formula to follow for different price ranges, it can also auto update the prices, and sends emails when products change on AX. The thing is that the pricing formula doesn’t take into consideration shipping. If I have auto update enabled, I either have to trust that it doesn’t make the cost too much or too low. Or, I can manually go through my product list and change it if it’s not good. The other thing is the emails don’t give the pricing info so I kind of have to go through a lot of products and it’s a really menial undesirable task.

There are a few more problems with this, for example, if the price auto updates and the price is too low because of shipping, I have to manually update the price before someone buys it and I lose money. The only way to mitigate this specific problem is to make the pricing formula very aggressive with no less than 4x multiplier if not more. I don’t think this is a solution because it’s outside my values, but there are other variables to consider in pricing. Original price has very little to do with markup IMO — it depends on a lot of different factors. Another solution I thought of was to make rounding an easy to spot number like 0.11 and check prices after updates, but this isn’t much of a solution to the menial task problem as products/prices update pretty frequently.

I am hoping I can find some better more reliable solutions.

Regards
Alishipping plugin is gonna solve your issue.

tomitech

At the moment I have set the expectation that shipping is included in the price and so the customer does not need to worry about it.

Also, the shipping options always seemed one dimensional in AX, as in, there is only 1 obvious good choice. I've rarely had a shipping option that reasonably offered me much quicker shipping relative to the one obvious choice, in exchange for a reasonable price relative to the one obvious choice. It would be like, 3 days quicker, for an extra $25 on a $5 dollar order, versus $2 shipping. 25 days or 22 days but for an extra $23. Hmm let me think :p

the_lyall

At the moment I have set the expectation that shipping is included in the price and so the customer does not need to worry about it.

Also, the shipping options always seemed one dimensional in AX, as in, there is only 1 obvious good choice. I've rarely had a shipping option that reasonably offered me much quicker shipping relative to the one obvious choice, in exchange for a reasonable price relative to the one obvious choice. It would be like, 3 days quicker, for an extra $25 on a $5 dollar order, versus $2 shipping. 25 days or 22 days but for an extra $23. Hmm let me think :p

I've seen this too, but it varies a lot by seller. I've got products where it's $80 shipping to delivery a little bit faster than free shipping, but I've also got products with a faster shipping option of only $5. It really depends on the seller (they seem to have rules set across all their items), the product and the countries involved.

tomitech

Ok ummm. Is there a way I can get the AliDropship Woo Product Update Notification to tell me which prices have changed? I am having the prices change automatically but they aren't changing as I thought. One of my products was made $9.00 and discounted to $8.99. I don't understand how you guys have this price thing set up. It's making it difficult to manage my product pricing, no matter what I do. Hence, the purpose for this topic.

Direct Webstore

I don't understand how you guys have this price thing set up. It's making it difficult to manage my product pricing,
It's quite simple. It was designed to be simple. I'm afraid it's just "you" overcomplicating things. Dropshipping has very low monetary overheads. Basically, yearly hosting/domain name + your time + optional advertising. (How many times have we had a thread on this topic now? That search function above is really neglected.)

At first, just use free shipping and worry about how much extra you want in your pocket above the Aliexpress seller's price. Simple as that. . When you are more experienced, then you can try and over complicate it if you still wish to. I and most sensible people chose not to. lol ;)

I would like to ask about a good product/pricing management technique.
And your pricing formula will depend on the products and the demographics of the targeted customer base. For example, if I was selling Manga stuff and targeting kids and young teens, I'd keep the pricing markup as low as possible because that demographic hasn't got much money.

Just follow the "KISS Principle".

Last edited:

chris37

Ok ummm. Is there a way I can get the AliDropship Woo Product Update Notification to tell me which prices have changed? I am having the prices change automatically but they aren't changing as I thought. One of my products was made $9.00 and discounted to $8.99. I don't understand how you guys have this price thing set up. It's making it difficult to manage my product pricing, no matter what I do. Hence, the purpose for this topic.
How I say to you again you over complicate the things here.
About your question for pricing formula follow this link

https://help.alidropship.com/en/?q=Pricing+formula+

And next time try to use the search icon or the knowledge base tab in this forum :)
I did it for I give the link to you ,is not that complicate, please don't make and that complicate for you ;)

Direct Webstore

...... Product Update Notification ....... I am having the prices change automatically but they aren't changing as I thought.

Are you taking into account what the "Product Update" actually does? As well as adjusting stock levels, it also adjusts prices when the Aliexpress seller changes the prices of products.

Mar

There is an option to send notification but it will be annoying to see it every time price change, Also there is no need to send notification. You can see what's updated in Admin>Products>All Products. You need to explore the back end of the site and don't complicate.

1601610721407.png

tomitech

It's quite simple. It was designed to be simple. I'm afraid it's just "you" overcomplicating things. Dropshipping has very low monetary overheads. Basically, yearly hosting/domain name + your time + optional advertising. (How many times have we had a thread on this topic now? That search function above is really neglected.)

At first, just use free shipping and worry about how much extra you want in your pocket above the Aliexpress seller's price. Simple as that. . When you are more experienced, then you can try and over complicate it if you still wish to. I and most sensible people chose not to. lol ;)

And your pricing formula will depend on the products and the demographics of the targeted customer base. For example, if I was selling Manga stuff and targeting kids and young teens, I'd keep the pricing markup as low as possible because that demographic hasn't got much money.

I was asking if there are any methods to expedite this price update process. Please link to that topic if it exists, as I could not find it.

How I say to you again you over complicate the things here.
About your question for pricing formula follow this link

https://help.alidropship.com/en/?q=Pricing+formula+

And next time try to use the search icon or the knowledge base tab in this forum :)
I did it for I give the link to you ,is not that complicate, please don't make and that complicate for you ;)

Again, I understand the fundamentals. I was asking about whether I was missing something that would make updating prices quicker. Thanks for following up though.

Are you taking into account what the "Product Update" actually does? As well as adjusting stock levels, it also adjusts prices when the Aliexpress seller changes the prices of products.

My confusion for that was that the plugin has two prices, one for regular price, and the other for sale price. Seeing as the "Discount settings" toggle for all my price ranges is disabled, I'm not sure why it is applying a discount every time the price updates. However, from what I have gathered thus far, there is nothing I'm missing and everything has to be found and updated one by one. So I suppose this problem will no longer affect me since I'll be disabling auto price updates.

There is an option to send notification but it will be annoying to see it every time price change, Also there is no need to send notification. You can see what's updated in Admin>Products>All Products. You need to explore the back end of the site and don't complicate.
Yea I noticed that, looks like the best help for my pricing updates. The only thing with that is, I have to update the price before variation or stock updates, or else it will over ride the price update notification. At least that is what it looks like. I'll show an image of the product page below. I don't show the discount setting toggle, but it has always been disabled. But like I said, won't affect me in the future as I have opted to have prices not auto-update. Doing it manually seems like the simplest option while maintaining consistent markups.
price-updated-not-shown.png

Thanks for the taking the time to reply everyone.

Direct Webstore

I was asking if there are any methods to expedite this price update process. Please link to that topic if it exists, as I could not find it.
This forum is FULL of pricing related posts. Not to mention the ENTIRE INTERNET. And I and no one else are going to waste time searching for and cherry-picking posts out for you in the HOPE that they are the posts with the particular info you want. The basics have already been pointed out to you above. And I've repeated them below.

The bottom line is, it all depends on how much you spend on promotion, how much profit you want, what the products are, who the customers are, their location, and possibly other factors relating only to your situation.

Everyone's situation is different.

No one can hold your hand and tell you exactly what to do. You need to use common sense and work it out yourself.

Like I've already said ...
your pricing formula will depend on the products and the demographics of the targeted customer base. For example, if I was selling Manga stuff and targeting kids and young teens, I'd keep the pricing markup as low as possible because that demographic hasn't got much money.

and this ..

Honestly, if you don't have the skill or common sense to work out something as basic as the pricing formula for a low overhead business like drop-shipping, then pick one of these options ...

1. Use the "suggested" formula. (And be uncompetitive)
2. Stop waiting for a "magic answer on a silver plate" and start researching and "thinking" for yourself based on your particular situation.
3. Give up the idea of running a simple dropshipping store.
4. Hire a manager.

Number #2 has always worked well for me.

Last edited:

chris37

Again, I understand the fundamentals. I was asking about whether I was missing something that would make updating prices quicker. Thanks for following up though.
Is not easiest way to explain to you ... You has all the technical knowledge for create a managment your pricing formula in the link I gave to you above.
If you can not understand how they way really work about this simple set up like the pricing formula, I don't believe you can do it with something more complicate the this like the set up of the Paytment gateway.

For you dont waste our time more because I will not come back repeating myself I will give 2 last tips if you like to follow. Because how i see you are unwilling to dirty you hand (finger on the keyboard ;)) for you do it yourself

1) buy a premium or custom store from alidropship (the will do anything for you ,you just need to know how to promote the store on social media)

2) find someone with the technical knowledge build the store for you (I wish to have patient with you ;) )

tomitech

My confusion for that was that the plugin has two prices, one for regular price, and the other for sale price. Seeing as the "Discount settings" toggle for all my price ranges is disabled, I'm not sure why it is applying a discount every time the price updates. However, from what I have gathered thus far, there is nothing I'm missing and everything has to be found and updated one by one. So I suppose this problem will no longer affect me since I'll be disabling auto price updates.

Yea I noticed that, looks like the best help for my pricing updates. The only thing with that is, I have to update the price before variation or stock updates, or else it will over ride the price update notification. At least that is what it looks like. I'll show an image of the product page below. I don't show the discount setting toggle, but it has always been disabled. But like I said, won't affect me in the future as I have opted to have prices not auto-update. Doing it manually seems like the simplest option while maintaining consistent markups.
View attachment 13123

Thanks for the taking the time to reply everyone.

YOUR WELCOME! Always willing to help ;)

Hi my product prices changes own its own to the supplier cost everyday in the morning though i have set up all formulas .
It doesn't happen for all products ,some time 20 % od the products sometimes 50% today morning saw that almost 80 % of the product prices changed back to aliexpress supplier prices but shows in my currency . the alidropship cs told me to rest those prices individually and update , i have done it 5-6 times but it still is happening .
and each time i reset it i have to then again work on individual products to change their colour names . it a big task . is there a per,enant solution .