Product Edits

This is more a question of curiosity than anything else. I was interested in knowing how much editing others do to the products they import using the AliDropship Plugin? Typically AliExpress uses very long title names to products, they also use images linking customers back to AliExpress or have Dropshipping advertising in the product listing itself.

Typically, I strip out all references back to AliExpress, but I wonder how many consumers pay attention to the long titles of the products that are used. Obviously vendors on AliExpress use these long titles for indexing with Google, but I'm interest in knowing if there are many of you that simple import the products and leave them as they are?

Direct Webstore

This is more a question of curiosity than anything else. I was interested in knowing how much editing others do to the products they import using the AliDropship Plugin?

I copy/paste the specs (size, weight etc) temporarily in an open txt file for reference, then delete the lot and write my own 100% original description.

I also try to make the title as original as possible too ... and MUCH shorter. The Aliexpress sellers include every possible search word in the titles in order to be at the top of the search results in Aliexpress as there are many other sellers selling the same thing. That does not apply to your own site.

Typically, I strip out all references back to AliExpress
Common sense. Everyone does (or should) do that.

I wonder how many consumers pay attention to the long titles of the products that are used.
Extra-long titles are absolutely terrible in terms of attracting buyers to the product. This is pretty basic stuff already covered in many posts here, in the Alidropship docs and blogs.

Obviously vendors on AliExpress use these long titles for indexing with Google,
No. They do it to compete with other sellers on Aliexpress as I mentioned above. Doing it for normal SEO is a terrible idea. Google will penalise you by ranking you lower for keyword bloat like that.

I'm interest in knowing if there are many of you that simple import the products and leave them as they are?
Only lazy, ignorant and or stupid people would do that. But seeing as there are many idiots in the world, I'm sure there are at least a few who do that. All this is covered in the docs and blogs but I know for a fact that many people are just too stupid and/or lazy to read them or even do any basic research at all via Google or Youtube.

Ironically, anyone doing that would also be unlikely to be reading this post, so I doubt you will get many (if any at all) stating here that they DO do that. lol

:)