Product attribute - duplicate attribute major issue and impact

dsmarket

Hello Ali Guys -

Here’s the issue: It seems when an item attribute is imported you create a unique slug id – something like this: 6f6cb72d544962fa333e2e

The problem found with this is that it ends up creating duplicate attributes in the woocommerce site.

For example:

My existing attribute in woo is

Name = Metal Color
Slug = metal-color

Now when I import from the aliwoo plugin an item with an attribute name of “Metal Color” – there will be duplicate automatically created in my woo site like this:

Name = Metal Color
Slug = 6f6cb72d544962fa333e2e

This cause big problems because it creates issues with duplicate attributes and affects category, product filters, variations,seo url and plugins.

My suggestion – to do a lookup like you have categories per site to check for the existing attributes and use/match them prior to import. If no match is found then create but that unique slug id should be stored on some other custom field so native slug value is maintain in woo.

Right now I have no option to merge attributes and have to manually fix all items that are imported to address the duplicate attribute with slug issue. Also – If I try to csv import a product file it cause more issues because it will use existing slug (metal-color) structure. What ends up happening is I have mixed products in terms for both attribute sets – so, some items are mapped to term set 1 (Metal Color w/ slug of metal-color) and some items are mapped to term set 2 (Metal Color w/ slug of 6f6cb72d544962fa333e2e like mention above Metal Color.

Hope you can help address and make this better for all users. It's getting difficult to have to manually fix each attribute slug and the products that are mapped to that attribute. There’s no merge attribute function that I know which would help.

Georgy

Hello Ali Guys -

Here’s the issue: It seems when an item attribute is imported you create a unique slug id – something like this: 6f6cb72d544962fa333e2e

The problem found with this is that it ends up creating duplicate attributes in the woocommerce site.

For example:

My existing attribute in woo is

Name = Metal Color
Slug = metal-color

Now when I import from the aliwoo plugin an item with an attribute name of “Metal Color” – there will be duplicate automatically created in my woo site like this:

Name = Metal Color
Slug = 6f6cb72d544962fa333e2e

This cause big problems because it creates issues with duplicate attributes and affects category, product filters, variations,seo url and plugins.

My suggestion – to do a lookup like you have categories per site to check for the existing attributes and use/match them prior to import. If no match is found then create but that unique slug id should be stored on some other custom field so native slug value is maintain in woo.

Right now I have no option to merge attributes and have to manually fix all items that are imported to address the duplicate attribute with slug issue. Also – If I try to csv import a product file it cause more issues because it will use existing slug (metal-color) structure. What ends up happening is I have mixed products in terms for both attribute sets – so, some items are mapped to term set 1 (Metal Color w/ slug of metal-color) and some items are mapped to term set 2 (Metal Color w/ slug of 6f6cb72d544962fa333e2e like mention above Metal Color.

Hope you can help address and make this better for all users. It's getting difficult to have to manually fix each attribute slug and the products that are mapped to that attribute. There’s no merge attribute function that I know which would help.
Hi! Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, slug can't be edited or deleted, cause it is needed for proper sync with aliexpress