Plugins breaking functionalities

kevgl

Hi, i have occured some problems after adding new plugins and activating them.
I found out some functionalities broke and i wanted to share this information with you.

So if you are wondering why some functions broke on your web store, please add them in reply so we can learn from it.

Problem 1 i found:
Using 'Autoptimize' with WP Fastest Cache and Alidropship i had the following bugs:
- I couldn't select any other product images at the product page, which makes it hard to choose between options.
- Quantity could not be set higher, it would return in error saying i have not turned on cookies.
- It was not possible to add items to the cart, button didn't do anything, not even refresh of the page, just nothing.
- Frontpage countdown wasn't counting.

After i had contact with support they asked me to deactivate every plugin exept Alidropship.
Then try activating plugin by plugin and always after activating one, check if there are any bugs you had.

I know, two caching plugins is a bit overkill so i firstly deleted Autoptimize because i was more happier with WP Fastest Cache.
Tested my web store after that and all is working correctly. So in my case, i won't be using Autoptimize no more.
Why two cache plugins you ask? I wanted to get better score at Insight PageSpeed from Google.

Problem 2 i found:
Using 'All 404 Redirect to Homepage'. I couldn't get into the cart itself. Making it hard to order something.

This is not a support request.

I don't feel the need to use this plugins as they show they are not compatible with Alidropship plugin.
I'd rather look for other alternatives on the huge Wordpress market to get what i need.

But feel free to share any problems you had with newly added plugins breaking functions on your web store. Thanks.

Nor

Hi, i have occured some problems after adding new plugins and activating them.
I found out some functionalities broke and i wanted to share this information with you.

So if you are wondering why some functions broke on your web store, please add them in reply so we can learn from it.

Problem 1 i found:
Using 'Autoptimize' with WP Fastest Cache and Alidropship i had the following bugs:
- I couldn't select any other product images at the product page, which makes it hard to choose between options.
- Quantity could not be set higher, it would return in error saying i have not turned on cookies.
- It was not possible to add items to the cart, button didn't do anything, not even refresh of the page, just nothing.
- Frontpage countdown wasn't counting.

After i had contact with support they asked me to deactivate every plugin exept Alidropship.
Then try activating plugin by plugin and always after activating one, check if there are any bugs you had.

I know, two caching plugins is a bit overkill so i firstly deleted Autoptimize because i was more happier with WP Fastest Cache.
Tested my web store after that and all is working correctly. So in my case, i won't be using Autoptimize no more.
Why two cache plugins you ask? I wanted to get better score at Insight PageSpeed from Google.

Problem 2 i found:
Using 'All 404 Redirect to Homepage'. I couldn't get into the cart itself. Making it hard to order something.

This is not a support request.

I don't feel the need to use this plugins as they show they are not compatible with Alidropship plugin.
I'd rather look for other alternatives on the huge Wordpress market to get what i need.

But feel free to share any problems you had with newly added plugins breaking functions on your web store. Thanks.

i had the exact same problem as you. Yaros had to access my hosting and discovered cloudflare nameservers had messed everything up. When i removed the cloudflare nameservers from my hosting, everything went back to normal. I did at one point have 10-15 plugins and thought that was the problem, turns out it was cloudflare. Not sure if cloudflare works fully or there some bugs, or maybe i did it wrong but change the nameservers to your regular hosting and everything should go back to normal.

kevgl

Cloudflare's nameservers are messing everything up here to. Sometimes i can not get e-mail, but i can send and sometimes i just don't get notified but do get it. Really weird. I am on DirectAdmin though. From tomorrow i will switch over to cPanel, and to a webhosting that is Cloudflare optimized allready. So i hope i won't have to change anything on my DNS records..

Putting that all aside, how can we test if everything from Cloudflare is activated and working correctly?
We can test page speed, website speed, or time to first byte, but all websites are giving somewhat different results, so it's hard to really rely on something if it comes to testing that.

Maybe there is an other way to test:
Set up a virtual environment which you can test in.
Get a VPN and connect trough USA, or any other country.
Open web store and start testing.

But this will however add costs up to 10 $ a month for a VPN.

I hope you have got a better solution?

dezigna

If you used cloudflare you have to follow the documents on implementation because your real server ip address is masked by their dns when you enable the cloud icon plus you have to restore the real ip address of visitors to your site for whatever applications you run. For mail/ftp services use your server ip address instead.