PHP 7

sophie

Hey,

Really excited to start using this plugin, but my host only has PHP 7 and they've told me that there isn't a stable version of ioncube available for php 7 yet. My host doesn't have Zend Guard Loader either - is there anything I can do please?

kristijan95

use another host cause you need one of those two in order to work properly
bluehost has cheap unlimited plan :)

sophie

So frustrating - hostgator couldn't handle my theme without errors! So have cancelled that. Can anyone recommend a good host for this please? Or is there any way to get the plugin to work with PHP 7 :-(

kristijan95

plugin is working on PHP 5.6, and I think that support can help you with this, cause hostgator must work, just contact them
hostgator should work on both zendguard and ioncube php modules, so where it causes errors?

Jess

Sorry - I meant that my woocommerce theme had errors when I tried to move it to Hostgator sadly.

You can try my host. Have had no issues at all and they have great support. (and no bs) I'm using the WooCommerce plugin with no issues. www.alphadoghosting.com

But in the end, everyone should stay away from any E.I.G owned web host. (google for more info)

Cheers

Last edited:

sophie

You can try my host. Have had no issues at all and they have great support. (and no bs) I'm using the WooCommerce plugin with no issues. www.alphadoghosting.com

But in the end, everyone should stay away from any E.I.G owned web host. (google for more info)

Cheers
Thanks Jess - I didn't realise about EIG owned hosts, but now I know better!

May I ask which level of hosting you have with alpha dog?

Jess

Thank you! I've signed up but can't see where to change the PHP version - whereabouts is it in the cpanel please?

In your control panel, look for "select php version". Or if not, just open a ticket and their response is very quick.

sophie

In your control panel, look for "select php version". Or if not, just open a ticket and their response is very quick.
Hey Jess, thanks so much for your help - I opened a ticket and everything was sorted really quickly.