Option to disable reviews

SmolBusinessman

Hey could you add an option to disable reviews , or maybe to post your own review directly from the admin section?

If they're no reviews but we can leave reviews
it reduces trust factor... Especially when I'm showing 50+ people have already bought the product.
Thank you.

Direct Webstore

Hey could you add an option to disable reviews
Just don't import reviews. Simple as that.

or maybe to post your own review directly from the admin section

You can do that ... sort of. Just import a few reviews .. then edit them to say whatever you like.

Everything you want is already available if you "think outside of the box" :)

Also ... go to Settings/Discussions and make sure you have ticked "Comment must be manually approved " After you have imported reviews .. go to Comments and delete or edit to your heart's content ... don't forget to "Approve" the ones you want and/or edit. :)

Last edited:

SmolBusinessman

Just don't import reviews. Simple as that.

You can do that ... sort of. Just import a few reviews .. then edit them to say whatever you like.

Everything you want is already available if you "think outside of the box" :)

Also ... go to Settings/Discussions and make sure you have ticked "Comment must be manually approved " After you have imported reviews .. go to Comments and delete or edit to your heart's content ... don't forget to "Approve" the ones you want and/or edit. :)
Alright thanks

Arnaldo

Yup, even TrustPilot has been caught with real dead people fake reviews.

Interesting question @Direct Webstore : are reviews from Aliexpress indexed by google, most notably the ones with picture url coming from Aliexpress cdn? Or is it considered like wordpress comments "no index"?

Direct Webstore

are reviews from Aliexpress indexed by google, most notably the ones with picture url coming from Aliexpress cdn?
The text from comments are stored in wp_comments in the database so they are treated like normal Wordpress comments. However they "may" be treated as duplicate content by Google ... unless they were edited enough. I did a search of a couple of random comments and nothing came up ... at least in the first couple of pages of results.

As for the photos .. they are hosted at Aliexpress ... but I don't use photos and filter out comments with photos during the import stage.

My workflow includes having the "Comments must be moderated" box checked in "Settings/Discussion", import a heap of comments, go to Comments and tick all the ones that have reasonable English and positive comments then bulk approve them.

The ones that are left have terrible English, Russian Cyrillic letters or negative reviews. I then spend a few minutes everyday editing and approving a few of them. This has the added benefit of having new comments added to my site everyday.