NEWBIE - DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO START

Nellis

Hi all,

Would appreciate some help. Am a newbie here. Bought the Alidropship plugins and together with 1 year hosting subscription last night. But cannot start at all. Apparently, need to install Wordpress. But before that, I need to have something they call C-Panel. The problem is, I only receive email from Alidropship that says

"In order to create a hosting account for you, we need to know your domain name. Please make sure you have it ready to speed up the process of creating your account. Also, please change its DNS so that it points to our server." and I was given 2 links/url, and the server IP. But there is no place for me to input my preferred domain name. HELP is much appreciated guys.

Regards,
Nellis

jubran

Apparently you have never setup a website before so this would make little bit of hassle but don't worry as everything is straight forward and easy once you get to know it.
The things that they gave you are the nameservers. Now you need to buy a domain (store name link) and once you buy that, you'll need to manage that domain DNS and change the nameservers for the ones that they gave you. CPanel is basically the host panel where you manage everything that involves the host server.

I would suggest you to search in Google what you don't understand and of course don't be shy to ask for help from the server support as most of the time, they are really friendly and helpful.

And before you start, pick a good well researched niche or you'll end up wasting your time.
Good luck with your journey!

mrmerch

Apparently you have never setup a website before so this would make little bit of hassle but don't worry as everything is straight forward and easy once you get to know it.
The things that they gave you are the nameservers. Now you need to buy a domain (store name link) and once you buy that, you'll need to manage that domain DNS and change the nameservers for the ones that they gave you. CPanel is basically the host panel where you manage everything that involves the host server.

I would suggest you to search in Google what you don't understand and of course don't be shy to ask for help from the server support as most of the time, they are really friendly and helpful.

And before you start, pick a good well researched niche or you'll end up wasting your time.
Good luck with your journey!

Hey jubran i have somewhat of the same issue....however i did go and register my domain and also changed my nameserver on namehero where i registered but i still have no access to Cpanel. I have also downloaded wordpress and have access to build a site but if i type in my web site addultz.com it says the dns server could not be found.
Any help would be appreciated.
PS i also bought the ali plugin along with the added hosting add on for $48

jubran

Nameservers takes up to 48 to change properly and now I see that you have your website up which is great! And what do you mean no access to cPanel? How did you install wordpress then?
If you need more help then let me know :)

bangla3d

HI everyone,I am very anxious and want to know why ali express do not show me the "Ship From" option when everyone else has it?..is there anything I need to install to see that?..Please someone help me solve it..TIA

jubran

HI everyone,I am very anxious and want to know why ali express do not show me the "Ship From" option when everyone else has it?..is there anything I need to install to see that?..Please someone help me solve it..TIA
Well it's a bit tricky! You need to go to global English site and put the shipping country to United States in the top bar at the right and finally make a search for products that have the option to ship from US for example (Ex: hair wig) and then you'll see that option

bangla3d

O..Thanks a lot for this quick response....pls a last one,how do i go to the global one?..do I add some word before/after aliexpress.com?...sorry for this..newbie totally

mrmerch

Nameservers takes up to 48 to change properly and now I see that you have your website up which is great! And what do you mean no access to cPanel? How did you install wordpress then?
If you need more help then let me know :)
Hey J thanks for your reply. I woke up this morning to 15 emails with all of my access to what seems to be everything i was missing. I didnt realize that it could take up to 48 hrs to process, you think that they would inform us that this is the case. Anyways, as for my Cpanel, im not to sure how i got into it. I basically spent all day yesterday watching videos on how to set up things so i was able to access my site through wordpress but it also carried a .wordpress.com instead of just .com.
This is all a bit overwhellming but i am determined to get things moving along very shortly. As for my site...i was playing around with it yesterday and hit the save button but didnt realize it was published...as i know it looks like crap...much work to do!!!

Thanks again J for your reply and your helpfulness. I may have more questions for you down the line.

jubran

Hey J thanks for your reply. I woke up this morning to 15 emails with all of my access to what seems to be everything i was missing. I didnt realize that it could take up to 48 hrs to process, you think that they would inform us that this is the case. Anyways, as for my Cpanel, im not to sure how i got into it. I basically spent all day yesterday watching videos on how to set up things so i was able to access my site through wordpress but it also carried a .wordpress.com instead of just .com.
This is all a bit overwhellming but i am determined to get things moving along very shortly. As for my site...i was playing around with it yesterday and hit the save button but didnt realize it was published...as i know it looks like crap...much work to do!!!

Thanks again J for your reply and your helpfulness. I may have more questions for you down the line.
Sure, good luck and just ask if you need more help :)

Nellis

Hi all,

Im stucked at the part to log in into WordPress Admin/Dashboard.. From the guide, it says to install WordPress. However, i noticed from my CPanel, WordPress was already installed. How do i get access to my WordPress dashboard in order to proceed? Noted that i need an username and password to log in the dashboard but it was installed by Alidropship itself? how do i log in then?

Help needed!

please.. Thanks!!!