Multiple Suppliers per Product (Alidropship Woo)

nenene

(Talking about Alidropship Woo Version)
Hello, at the moment I'm sourcing a product from 2 different suppliers, depending on the destination country.
For example:
When the customer is in USA, i use Supplier A.
When the customer is in Canada i use Supplier B.

Could there be a way to select on-the-fly when placing an order, the seller I want to chose?
Thanks!

Last edited:

chris37

Hello, at the moment I'm sourcing a product from 2 different suppliers, depending on the destination country.
For example:
When the customer is in USA, i use Supplier A.
When the customer is in Canada i use Supplier B.

Could there be a way to select on-the-fly when placing an order, the seller I want to chose?
Thanks!

Yes you can place the order manual.

You can not source automatically 2 supplier in one products.

daniel-97

If you're using Traditional Alidropship Version, yes you can :)
You can add multiple suppliers into 1 product and choose which variation belongs to which product from Aliexpress and from which supplier

chris37

You can add multiple suppliers into 1 product and choose which variation belongs to which product from Aliexpress and from which supplier

Do you mean each variation behave like a completed difference product?
How do you managment when you want to have a fix price for the product and have different price in the other variation?
And also you increase the chance to broke the connection if the attribute change in one of the two supplier.

Also each supplier propaply have a difference in shipping so one fix price is not the perfect solution for this.

Is very good function and I didnt knew was include in the original plugin but I see many limitations and proplem with this one.

Last edited:

daniel-97

Do you mean each variation behave like a completed difference product?
Yes! The lastest update for Traditional version, they added this wonderful function. You can add multiple suppliers to 1 product and adjust the path for each variation
1598847062172.png
1598847097310.png
How do you managment when you want to have a fix price for the product and have different price in the other variation?
I change my price manually so that's not a hard thing for me :) I do my pricing all by hand!
And also you increase the chance to broke the connection if the attribute change in one of the two supplier.
Then we reset the supplier tab, I think
Is very good function and I did knew was include in the original plugin but I see many limitations and proplem with this one.
I still haven't tried it, but I think it's very nice to have. Like when you sell dresses, 1 supplier has size S M L, and other sells for extra large women, then we merge them together to create a product that sells a vast majority of sizes

chris37

Then we reset the supplier tab, I think

That the matter if is working is not gonna be together the variation how you say

S,L is gonna be in difference section then the M which is on other supplier. I think :rolleyes:

I am really curious if is working...
I will like your feedback on this ? ;)

Anyway I don't thing is gonna ever be in woocommerce because is not managment by alidropship ..

If they find a way to make it work is gonna solve a lot of my issue i have on stock and variation. (And implament on woo :p )

Mar

I never heard such thing. Assuming it is possible, why make it so complicated?

daniel-97

That the matter if is working is not gonna be together the variation how you say

S,L is gonna be in difference section then the M which is on other supplier. I think :rolleyes:

I am really curious if is working...
I will like your feedback on this ? ;)

Anyway I don't thing is gonna ever be in woocommerce because is not managment by alidropship ..

If they find a way to make it work is gonna solve a lot of my issue i have on stock and variation. (And implament on woo :p )
I will try it tomorrow and keep you updated with the results ;)
I never heard such thing. Assuming it is possible, why make it so complicated?
I don’t know if I got that right, but I can surely switch variation’s Aliexpress links back and forth.

Mar

I will try it tomorrow and keep you updated with the results ;)

I don’t know if I got that right, but I can surely switch variation’s Aliexpress links back and forth.
Assuming again that you can switch variations, what's the point, what is the advantage?

daniel-97

Assuming again that you can switch variations, what's the point, what is the advantage?
The advantage here is not switching variations but the choices we can make.

Let's say I found 2 identical dresses from different suppliers (dress A and dress B)
- Dress A's variations: size S, M, L
- Dress Bs variations: size L, XL, XXL

So by merging 2 of the dresses into 1 product, I now have a dress that covers from size S to size XXL. And to answer the question "what's the point, what is the advantage?" ➡ If dress A's size L is more expensive than dress B's size L, I will switch the variation "Size L" in my product from supplier A to supplier B.

This is what I can think of for now, but I tried and it didn't work for different products (a plant and a helmet). I haven't tried it with the same product cus I'm kinda busy with my work for now. This is a new function so flaws are understandable

Mar

So by merging 2 of the dresses into 1 product, I now have a dress that covers from size S to size XXL. And to answer the question "what's the point, what is the advantage?" ➡ If dress A's size L is more expensive than dress B's size L, I will switch the variation "Size L" in my product from supplier A to supplier B.
I'd rather import the two products from different suppliers, make different product titles than making it complicated. Anyway that is your choice if you want it that way. But for me, there is nothing better than making everything simple.

daniel-97

I'd rather import the two products from different suppliers, make different product titles than making it complicated. Anyway that is your choice if you want it that way. But for me, there is nothing better than making everything simple.
Yeah, less work less headache ;)

chris37

@Chrisschris37 Update: It's not working! Lol

Not surprised ;)

In the example with the size different variation from supplier...
I was imported both supplier in my store and I was put a link to the end of each product description "more size option in this link "
A proplem solve...
I don't understand why we want to complicate thinks (question for the alidropship team)?:cool:

daniel-97

Not surprised ;)

In the example with the size different variation from supplier...
I was imported both supplier in my store and I was put a link to the end of each product description "more size option in this link "
A proplem solve...
I don't understand why we want to complicate thinks (question for the alidropship team)?:cool:
But the problem here, the customers will definitely think "Why don't they just put all sizes in the same product?"
Some might just ignore and come with excuses, but it's nice to have a way to solve things ;)

chris37

But the problem here, the customers will definitely think "Why don't they just put all sizes in the same product?"
Some might just ignore and come with excuses, but it's nice to have a way to solve things ;)

I aggre with you ... but better I have an alternative option which is working well then one which have so many bugs.:p