Monitor price change

Jeff2mars

Hi

If you don't use any price formula to set your product prices, how can you monitor any price change on aliexpress to update your own price?

Thanks

Mar

Price formula is not for update of product prices, rather it is a markup of prices for profit. There is a setting for updates including product prices Alidropship Woo>Settings>Update.

Jeff2mars

Price formula is not for update of product prices, rather it is a markup of prices for profit. There is a setting for updates including product prices Alidropship Woo>Settings>Update.

But I don't want my prices to be updated automatically. I just want to be noticed when a price change on aliexpress to modify my price manually if necessary

Mar

But I don't want my prices to be updated automatically. I just want to be noticed when a price change on aliexpress to modify my price manually if necessary
The developers of the plugin is giving us that very important function that update product inventory and prices without anything to do in our part after the setup, yet here you are asking just to be notified of changes. I don't think there is an option for that. If you think that prices formula for profit is too high or too low, you can change it anytime, after all there is nothing you can do if prices in AliExpress change. The developers can't just give all function anybody can think of, especially if it don't make sense.

Direct Webstore

Sort of defeats one of the main purposes of the plugin. You may as well just add products to Woo manually and forget about the Alidropship Woo plugin completely.

Jeff2mars

The developers of the plugin is giving us that very important function that update product inventory and prices without anything to do in our part after the setup, yet here you are asking just to be notified of changes. I don't think there is an option for that. If you think that prices formula for profit is too high or too low, you can change it anytime, after all there is nothing you can do if prices in AliExpress change. The developers can't just give all function anybody can think of, especially if it don't make sense.

Sort of defeats one of the main purposes of the plugin. You may as well just add products to Woo manually and forget about the Alidropship Woo plugin completely.

Setting a price is other thing that following a formula... it's about looking at the market to see what are the prices of such a product elsewhere, what is your target audience, and so on... Marketing is other thing that using formulas for a bunch of stuff... price management is a product by product thing...

The purpose of the plugin only consider people doing things like robots then... not adapted for marketing savvy people

I will never use formulas to set a price for a bunch of items, that's a nonsense... I'm convinced that an alert system to notice a price change and let the store owner adjust his price manually would be a huge improvement for Marketing people.

Last edited:

Mar

Setting a price is other thing that following a formula... it's about looking at the market to see what are the prices of such a product elsewhere, what is your target audience, and so on... Marketing is other thing that using formulas for a bunch of stuff... price management is a product by product thing...

The purpose of the plugin only consider people doing things like robots then... not adapted for marketing savvy people

I will never use formulas to set a price for a bunch of items, that's a nonsense... I'm convinced that an alert system to notice a price change and let the store owner adjust his price manually would be a huge improvement for Marketing people.
Since the plugin can't do whatever you want and because it is nonsense, you can stop using it. You can sell any product from any store and monitor their prices yourself.

Jeff2mars

Since the plugin can't do whatever you want and because it is nonsense, you can stop using it. You can sell any product from any store and monitor their prices yourself.

Or you can suggest improvements on this forum for the next updates of the plugin, don't you think ?

Direct Webstore

If you detest "robotic automation" ... then like I said ... you'd be better off using Woocommerce manually like the bulk of it's users do.
Simple. Problem solved. :)

With respect to this...if I don't use the formula feature) because the uniform application doesn't work for me) but I set the option to update prices as supplier does, do my prices change automatically to reflect when the supplier changes prices while factoring my markup?

For example.

If the supplier price with $1.
I manually set my price as $4
I check automatics updates
The supplier changes the price to $.75 ($0.25 sale)
Will my product go on sale automatically at $3.75 ?

Direct Webstore

With respect to this...if I don't use the formula feature) because the uniform application doesn't work for me) but I set the option to update prices as supplier does, do my prices change automatically to reflect when the supplier changes prices while factoring my markup?

For example.

If the supplier price with $1.
I manually set my price as $4
I check automatics updates
The supplier changes the price to $.75 ($0.25 sale)
Will my product go on sale automatically at $3.75 ?
Spend a few minutes backing up/downloading your database from Control Panel/PHPMyAdmin ... then "try it" Run the update. If it messes up your custom prices ... wipe your database ("drop" all the tables) and reupload/restore your database backup.

Beats waiting around here for days/weeks for an answer .. :)

It's a good thing I just uploaded a few products to test it. I'm giving it a day for all cache issues to purge (not sure if that's even a thing, just intuitive seems right) and then if it's still wonky, I'll wipe it.

Last edited: