Modify the default URLs

alvarofranz

Hi,

I want to modify the default URLs like /product (for the shop index) or /thankyou (for the thank you page), because I am using a different language, and those URLs look ugly in my language.

Are those URLs hardcoded into the plugin or into the theme?
Is there a way I can modify them?

daniel-97

You can modify a page which was created by you, yes you can.

But for the pages that were created by the theme/developer, you cannot. You have to contact them and for most of the time, they won't change it. I tried to change the name of the page and they told me they couldn't change it, and that's just a name not the URL

Mar

Hi,

I want to modify the default URLs like /product (for the shop index) or /thankyou (for the thank you page), because I am using a different language, and those URLs look ugly in my language.

Are those URLs hardcoded into the plugin or into the theme?
Is there a way I can modify them?
If you have access to the pages of the theme, you can create a page, name it the way you want and the contents in the language you want and link the page to the menu. But don't delete the default pages of the theme especially the shop page, you may come back to it if it don't work. This can be easily done in woo version. But I understand you have the original version. You don't lose anything if you try.