Missing payment

murrayjamie9

Hello all, first-time poster and I hope I'm in the correct forum section for this question. I am a new store owner and received an email announcing I had an order. I checked my order dashboard, and indeed there was an order awaiting processing. I went through the processing steps, and all seemed good. As it was the first time, I took a few moments to understand the process and didn't think much more about it. When the item shipped it occurred to me, I hadn't checked which payment gateway took the payment. I checked both PayPal and stripe and at this point discovered I hadn't received any money in either gateway - Although my AliDropship dashboard was showing as "paid".

What are your thoughts on this? In retrospect, I probably should have checked if payment was received, however, I expected the ALidropship plugin to capture that for me.

Thanks in advance for any help offered

daniel-97

Alidropship Plugin won't inform you if the money is transferred to your payment gateway. They only process the orders and websites. I think you should download the payment you use as an app on your phone and open notification. When a payment went through, you'll know you received an order as well

murrayjamie9

Hi and thank you, Daniel,

I was working under the assumption if the dashboard showed "paid" then some transactional check must have taken place. Is this normal that the dashboard would say "paid" but no money has actually been paid? Thanks again for your input