Michelangelo Menu Customize

cleve

Hello,
I'm using michelangelo theme for my alidropship website, I want to make changes of it's menu layout, is there any plugin specially for this theme ? I want to make the menu more useful like mega menu, maxmenu, ubermenu etc..... thanks

Direct Webstore

Such menu plugins are incompatible with the Original plugin and it's themes. Many other plugins are incompatible with it too. (But not all)

It also doesn't support widgets, but you can use widgets with shortcodes and insert them in pages, posts, the front page article section and in theme files.

Your only other choice is to make a child theme and edit/customise the menus in the theme files.

;)

Direct Webstore

Yes, sadly I have to purchase again alidropship plugin for woocommerce.....
No. You do not have to purchase it. You pay for the license, not the plugin, and you can use your licence with the Original or the Woo plugin. Just download the Woo plugin, install it and insert your license. Done!

And before you ask ... you cannot import your Original plugin products to Woo. They use different database tables. You have to start completley from scratch. My apologies if you already knew this. It's one of the many most often asked questions.

:)

cleve

Yes I'm aware of that.

1. Do you have link about customizing menu layout from child theme ?
2. If I have to make child theme, then I have to set things up again from the beginning....... for the child theme settings), or is there tools to transfer settings from mother theme to child theme ?

Thanks

Direct Webstore

1. Do you have link about customizing menu layout from child theme ?
There wouldn't be any. You'd have to have experience in editing html and php and do by trial and error.

2. If I have to make child theme, then I have to set things up again from the beginning....... for the child theme settings), or is there tools to transfer settings from mother theme to child theme ?
You would have to set everything in the Customization section (colours, logos, images etc) ... don't use Davinci2 .. child themes don't work correctly with it.

is there tools to transfer settings from mother theme to child theme ?
No

If you don't have html and PHP editing experience, you better forget it though. It would be much easier using Woo and one of the hundreds of compatible themes instead.

But before you do that ... are you aware of the current limitations of Woo because of it's CPU spiking problem? I won't go into it all again here ... you can read about it here ... https://forum.alidropship.com/threads/issue-with-high-cpu-usage.12935/

In a nutshell, the current temporary solutions are ... 500 products with variations is OK. More than 500 with few variations is OK ... or turn off Automatic product updates and run it manually each day you login.

If you ask me ... I think it's all too much hassle to go through just for the sake of a menu. But up to you.

cleve

I see, so there is a problem with woo version for big number of products. So I guess original plugin will be the best then. Don't you think ??

Direct Webstore

So I guess original plugin will be the best then. Don't you think ??
Because of the problems with Woo, I actually started to change my 8 sites back to the Original. But when I started to miss all the cool things I could do with Woo, I stopped and went back to Woo. By following the advice in this forum, the problem is manageable. And Woocommerce is aware of the problem of it's products being in one database table and it will be fixed in the future. I hope.

Basically, it's personal choice of which one is better for you. I finally decided that Woo is better for me. Besides, 500 products for a niche store is fine. As long as they are all carefully selected, relatively unique quality products. It's counter productive to fill your store with thousands of crap products just for the sake of filling it up. If you give customers too much choice and/or make it difficult to find a good product amongst all the crap products, they give up and leave. This isn't just my opinion, I've seen several experienced marketers on the net say the same.

So like I said, it's a personal choice. If you want a store bulging at the seams with thousands of products and don't care about customisation, use the Original

If you don't mind carefully selecting quality/unique products and limiting them to **500 or so and want lots of bells and whistles and customization use Woo.

**But you can add more as long as you manually update products each day.

So up to you ... ;)

Last edited:

cleve

Yes, let's see things will going on. With the condition that you already mention above, It will narrowing down the option.

Direct Webstore

It's counter productive to fill your store with thousands of crap products just for the sake of filling it up.
Go to a big department store's online site and see how many products they have in each category. It's really not many and definitely not thousands. With the money they have for employing experts and the many years of experience, I believe they know what they are doing.

I think some people here try to make their stores like another eBay or Amazon, stuffed to the rafters with products. That's not how niche stores work.

cleve

Yes, this will become my consideration too. Let's see what I can do to the original theme or else, I will consider to use woo version. Thanks.