Maxyy89 journey

maxyy89

Hello all! I have decided to share with you, my journey with Shopify and Oberlo. I have one shop opened with alidropship and it goes ok, net profit around 300$/month without paid ads only with social rabbit.
So here is quick start with Shopify:
-stumble upon on 60 day trial of Shopify
- choosing a niche
-finding a free theme and there's Brooklyn theme that's absolutely gorgeous.
-setting up technical stuff in store background
- find, edit and publish products

Currently, have 40 products published and with nice and long description and with shipping times on every product page to minimize refunds.
I have really push myself to sooner launch store to be able to enjoy in free 2 moths trial.
I have run 2 IG shoutouts so far and below are results.
The first shoutout brings 1 sale and 3 abandoned carts.
The second shoutout brings also 1 sale and 4 abandoned carts.

So as you see I lost a lot of money because currently only have Paypal in my store.
What's your overall opinion? Love to hear from you.

kevgl

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your journey with Shopift and Oberlo. Great you are selling with it. Maybe you can help me some day with using Social Rabbit? I am having a hard time deciding what to use :).

I also have used Shopify and Oberlo for two stores in different niches. I know i had fun with both but i don't like the idea of paying monthly for a plugin that i can not control fully, even if i am making money with it. So eventually i cancelled everything at Shopify and went on building with AliDropshipping plugin.

I can go on if i want but besides all of that, i think it's just expensive. 79 a month if you want to have abandoned cart recovery... You could have an extra AliDS license a month for that price if you use discounts!

maxyy89

@kevgl Yea I agree with you for monthly paying but I have a felling that will better suit my niche because I have specific theme look in my head that ofc is free. also, have found Shopify trial for 2 months so that makes thing little easier. As for plugins, I'm using oberlo and 4 another free app. Thankfully MailChimp makes email automation free. Will see how it goes and will posting results here.

maxyy89

Hello all just quick update I have moved my store from Shopify back to the alidropship woo plugin. Mainly because of payment gateways and more flexibility.
After tweaking some things on my new theme and enabling credit card processor I'm ready to advertise. I just started some IG ads and later one one shoutout. Will post results when it's over. Stay tuned!

maxyy89

Update on IG ads.
I have run it for 5 days on 10$ budget with avg CPC 0.16$ and got 1 sale.
This was just for testing and will continue with IG ads. For me, they are much easier than FB.
Also, I have paid for 1 shoutout 15$ and got terrible results. Not single sale. So I have deleted that promoter from my list.
Stay tuned for next update!

Attachments

• order.PNG
    order.PNG
    37.4 KB · Views: 16