Mailchimp and Optinmonster

Angelina Geng

I want to set up a popups on my website, so I bought Optinmonster, after bought Optinmonster I found that I have to have an email provider, so I checked Mailchimp and downloaded it on my WP. I read through the features and instructions there and found that Mailchimp has several features are exactly what i want to the popups, slide-in, exist-intent, Voucher code, campaign,I wondering do I need Optinmonster anymore? But the Mailchimp doesn't have time countdown campaign, this is my favorite one, the Optinmonster is pricy, cost me $261 after discount, it has lots of features, but i just start so don't know how to use them yet, I only need right now is popup windows to collect email and time countdown campaign, code voucher and simple stuff, does anyone has any ideas about this? Thank you.

Direct Webstore

Just keep in mind that as of a few weeks ago, Google is penalising sites that have annoying popups on mobile versions of sites. Seeing as a HUGE percentage of customers use mobile devices these days ... I removed ALL popups from my sites. I just use static banners to promote my newsletter subscriptions etc, with a discount code instead.

Put yourself in the customers shoes. Ask yourself the question "How do I feel when I visit a website and a huge annoying popup smacks me in the face?" For me ... it pisses me off and I leave the site. The same goes for auto playing background music and video. Damned annoying. Check out Yarros's successful https://.worldofharry.com site. No popups. Besides, many people (like me) have popup blockers installed.

KILL POPUPS NOW!! ... lol :)

But up to you ... SOMETIMES they are OK (see below) But I decided ALL of them are annoying and to be SURE Google and more importantly, my customers don't HATE ME ... I got rid of them all. :)

expert-advice-on-intrusive-interstitials-3-638.jpg

Last edited:

Angelina Geng

Thank you for your precious opinion, what kind of email sever or email collector do you use? Do you use Mailchimp or others?