Is there an option to split product when importing?

GreenFish

Is there an option to split product when importing like you can with Oberlo? Some of the products I'm importing have quite different variations so this would be useful.

If not, is there a workaround?

Don't think there is an option but you can always import a product and remove some variations in the options tab. Then import the product again and remove other variations

Rubydraper

I am writer from buy essay online and I too wanted to know about this whether there could be an option to split the products when it is being imported. Hope someone could help us providing the reliable answer

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone!

There's no option to split product by variations when it is being imported. The workaround would be to remove the variants for the imported product and add the products manually (Products --> Add New) for the other variants.

However, we will do our utmost to add this feature in the near future!

Please add this in the near future. It would be really appreciated. Some AE sellers have like 15 different products in one product page! :)

Adam

Can only second this, in my niche, variations on colour is very common, and they really should be listed as separate items. I know some other systems that link into AE have this already, it's essential to fleshing out the store quickly.

Jur

Its available now, but it must duplicate first. For example i import a product with 125 variations. It would be great if there is an option that this import will be done as 125 simple products. Its more easy to add a vew variations and bulk delete whats not needed or whats combined, then the otherway around. Now i have to duplicate this products 124 times, and delete all variations i don't need in all 125 duplications. so thats 125x125= 15625 manual actions which cant be done in bulk.

This is just for a single import...

I also cannot find any existing plugin for this "splitting variations to simple products". If there are any tips or suggestions, i be happy to hear as i have over 500 products with each 100+ variations, spo that will be about 7 million manual actions.

Jur

It has been 4 months after the reply from @Igor "we will do our utmost to add this feature in the near future!"

Because a lack of this option i was forced to move to oberlo for a couple of my websites, but they also have some functions alidrpoship woo plugin doesnt have, so i am still waiting to switch back as soon as this "simple" feature is ready.

Any status update on the progress ? Will the near future be in 2017 or 2018 ?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
It has been 4 months after the reply from @Igor "we will do our utmost to add this feature in the near future!"

Because a lack of this option i was forced to move to oberlo for a couple of my websites, but they also have some functions alidrpoship woo plugin doesnt have, so i am still waiting to switch back as soon as this "simple" feature is ready.

Any status update on the progress ? Will the near future be in 2017 or 2018 ?
You may use 'Duplicate' option for this
https://alidropship.com/codex/can-i-customize-or-change-products/

Jur

@Victoria Kudryashova , that workaround method is not the solution we are looking for. Its very time consuming.

If there is a import with 80 variations, we have to duplicate 80 times
then for each duplicate we have to manually remove 79 variations
80*79 manual actions = 6320 clicks / actions at least

request : in the chrome extension under edit, just add a selection field "import each variation as simple product"

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
@Victoria Kudryashova , that workaround method is not the solution we are looking for. Its very time consuming.

If there is a import with 80 variations, we have to duplicate 80 times
then for each duplicate we have to manually remove 79 variations
80*79 manual actions = 6320 clicks / actions at least

request : in the chrome extension under edit, just add a selection field "import each variation as simple product"
I've got your idea - we will discuss it with our developers.