Is it compatible with Woo 4?

Direct Webstore

Why hasn't anyone asked this for all the previous Woo updates? Really people, if you're worried, do the usual common sense precaution of backing up your site before you update any plugin that worries you. It ain't rocket science.

Anyone else who upgraded?
I did. No problems.

venkasanka

I did and no problems so far. Has anyone noticed performance improvement with Woo 4.0, looks like the long-pending database table issue has been resolved with this release so wanted to get feedback from others? I have 2200 products in my store and haven't noticed any significant improvement as mentioned in their release notes (70% performance improvement).

Direct Webstore

looks like the long-pending database table issue has been resolved
The issue is with all the product info being in one table. (Unlike the Original version which uses multiple tables) That has still not been resolved.

Faster, smoother store performance with
Action Scheduler 3.0

Action Scheduler now stores data in custom tables, resulting in a significant site performance boost with up to 70% reduction in database sizes – even on sites with a large volume of orders and posts.
1584520772367.png
This fix is to do with the scheduled actions ran by Woo. Nothing to do with products.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way it looks to me.

Last edited:

marvix

Why hasn't anyone asked this for all the previous Woo updates? Really people, if you're worried, do the usual common sense precaution of backing up your site before you update any plugin that worries you. It ain't rocket science.

I did. No problems.
Really!!! its common sense that you have to check the compatibility before any upgrade! Why the extra work and take the site down while the issue can be solved with one word (yes or no) from the developer!

Mar

Really!!! its common sense that you have to check the compatibility before any upgrade! Why the extra work and take the site down while the issue can be solved with one word (yes or no) from the developer!
I did not see anything about taking the site down other than you. Who is taking a site down to update woocommerce? Also, it is not a yes or no answer from the developer. Even the developer is not sure about compatibility until it is tested.

marvix

I did not see anything about taking the site down other than you. Who is taking a site down to update woocommerce? Also, it is not a yes or no answer from the developer. Even the developer is not sure about compatibility until it is tested.

What I mean, that if the AliDrop plugin is not compatible with the upgraded Woo, the site will have an issue, and I will require to restore the site from the backup, during this the site will be down.
The developer can reply with yes or no if he already tested, unless he would not be sure.

Direct Webstore

Really!!! its common sense that you have to check the compatibility before any upgrade!
if you're worried, do the usual common sense precaution of backing up your site before you update any plugin that worries you. It ain't rocket science.
This is common sense also.

Why the extra work and take the site down while the issue can be solved with one word (yes or no) from the developer!
This is a member's forum and developers don't always jump in and answer every little question. As business owners, we need to have a little initiative of our own, if we possibly can. (Google searches etc). Sometimes it can take days/weeks to get a "pre-packaged" answer here. So as a member, here is my answer on a silver plate for you ...

"Yes"

I already did this ...
the extra work

Mar

What I mean, that if the AliDrop plugin is not compatible with the upgraded Woo, the site will have an issue, and I will require to restore the site from the backup, during this the site will be down.
The developer can reply with yes or no if he already tested, unless he would not be sure.
You are making something out of nothing. I have updated to woocommerce 4 the very first day it was released and just like the previous updates, there was absolutely no issue. Woocommerce have many updates in the past, why worry only now? Woocommerce is a major component of alidropship woo, needless to say compatibility will be taken care of without you asking about it.