International custom taxes

Raul87

Hey guys,
I saw some of your success stories and I would like to try drop shipping with AliDropship plugin.
But I have some questions for you, if you are kind to reply :)
When you drop ship from China to USA or another country, do you have to pay customs taxes for any kind of product? Is there a value for which you don't have to pay customs taxes?
How do you tell your customers how much they have to pay for customs? You send them an email after they place the order? You mention it on your website?
In order to drop ship products from Aliexpress, do you have a LTD or a LLC registered?

Sunster

Staff member
Hey different laws for everyone so better to check your local laws but, No you don't need a LTD or LLC registered to dropship. But of course once you start rolling in the dough, there are tax laws etc you should follow.
Depending on the item (cost etc) you are drop-shipping, there may be custom charges. duties etc but i make it clear on my site that those charges are the responsibility of the customer.

Raul87

Hey @Sunster thanks for answering!
I live in a remote country of Europe and would like to promote my store in UK, Canada and USA. So, if I specify to the customers that they need to pay custom charges / duties, that will be all - more or less.
Can you explain me a little more in detail how it works? The customer orders the product and pays online with his credit card. He receives the product at home and has to pay different taxes / duties to the shipping company (to the guy who delivers the product) or he will have to go at some post office and has to pick it up from there, where he pays custom charges / taxes?

Thanks again!