How to set up cron job to execute the pricing/stock update command

Eva

If I understand correctly, right now both Alidropship plugin and Alidropship Woo plugin require user to manually go into backend and click update to start the updating process. This could be time consuming and also taxing on the server, and not really 'auto' in that way. I thought of doing it more efficiently by setting up a cron job to execute the updating function daily or so. I need to know if this is doable and if yes, what file / script should I tell the cron to execute?

Thanks!

Vitaly Kukin

Administrator
Staff member
If I understand correctly, right now both Alidropship plugin and Alidropship Woo plugin require user to manually go into backend and click update to start the updating process. This could be time consuming and also taxing on the server, and not really 'auto' in that way. I thought of doing it more efficiently by setting up a cron job to execute the updating function daily or so. I need to know if this is doable and if yes, what file / script should I tell the cron to execute?

Thanks!
Update using crowns will not help. Since all requests are made through the Chrome Extension.

Eva

Is there anyway to make it auto update then? If you check out Aliexpress Wooimporter Demo page, their settings include an option to select a frequency of auto updating stock and prices. Would be cool to have something like that!

Vitaly Kukin

Administrator
Staff member
Is there anyway to make it auto update then? If you check out Aliexpress Wooimporter Demo page, their settings include an option to select a frequency of auto updating stock and prices. Would be cool to have something like that!
First of all AliExpress API don't provide to get data from variations. Secondly - In AliExpress Affiliate API consist only part of products from main site. In the plugin settings you can specify anything. The question is, how well it works.

P.S. We have already made suggestions to improve the AliExpress API, but unfortunately they do just the opposite.

Eva

Well, it's just a suggestion of something I believe would be useful for store owners, as well as boost the plugin's popularity. The Aliexpress Wooimporter is listed on Envato and has quite a number of positive feedback, so I believe it must be doing what it advertised?.

Anyway that's not to say that plugin is better than Alidropship because personally I tried both and Alidropship is more full packed with great features and also has a more intuitive interface, it just needs some extra fine tuning to make it perfect. Just my 2 cents

Vitaly Kukin

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with you completely. We are monitoring the situation. As soon as the opportunity to offer the best solutions for the renovation of the goods, we'll make it. I hope that AliExspress listen to our opinion.