How to replace product supplier

Hameed

I have a product that for some reason is no longer available on Aliexpress, how can I change the supplier so that the auto order will continue working?

Igor

Administrator
Staff member
I have a product that for some reason is no longer available on Aliexpress, how can I change the supplier so that the auto order will continue working?
Hello,

Yes, you can just change the link to the product in the Supplier Info section of Product Data when you're editing a product.

dmimports

I have tried to change the supplier information (new supplier carrying the same product), along with all other info in the Supplier Section. It updated the price but will revert back to the "no longer available" supplier upon publishing. In addition, I cannot update reviews with the new supplier.

Is there a way to permanently change the supplier so everything related to supplier is changed WITHOUT the title and description changing? Attributes, price, reviews, etc?

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I have tried to change the supplier information (new supplier carrying the same product), along with all other info in the Supplier Section. It updated the price but will revert back to the "no longer available" supplier upon publishing. In addition, I cannot update reviews with the new supplier.

Is there a way to permanently change the supplier so everything related to supplier is changed WITHOUT the title and description changing? Attributes, price, reviews, etc?
Hello, I checked on my end now. If you changed a link, Save it and Reset Product - you keep Featured images and description untouched, but variations, price and stock will be updated. Also , if you import reviews for a newly replaced product - they will be imported and published.

DavidV

I am seeing the same issue when I try to update any data in Supplier Info. The only time the data stays is it is imported using the Chrome plug-in.
Any other updates will not save on the supplier info tab.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I am seeing the same issue when I try to update any data in Supplier Info. The only time the data stays is it is imported using the Chrome plug-in.
Any other updates will not save on the supplier info tab.

You can PM me your domain name, WP login credentials and link to that product - I will check.