How to import/update reviews for a specific product, not for a category

daica85

Hi team,

I see that the update reviews feature is for the categories, it's not necessary for many products and very slow. The system also sends out many notification emails to my mailbox whenever I import/update reviews.

I want to update reviews just for a specific product I choose on my site. Is there anyway to do that?

Thanks for the support

Christina

Administrator
Hi team,

I see that the update reviews feature is for the categories, it's not necessary for many products and very slow. The system also sends out many notification emails to my mailbox whenever I import/update reviews.

I want to update reviews just for a specific product I choose on my site. Is there anyway to do that?

Thanks for the support

Hello, daica85!

Apart from bulk import, you can import reviews for certain products only. Go to Product Options -> Reviews.

1544973599513.png

daica85

I got it, thank you very much. I'm playing around with these features.

Seem the Update feature for a single product doesn't work properly. I changed the item "When the price changes" to "Do nothing" and Update the product. But the page then refreshes again and the "Update automatically" still appears. Nothing changes.

1545064329807.png

I think It conflicts with the update feature here. Or it doesn't have a "Save changes" button in the Update section for a single product.
1545064595898.png

I would like to turn off the auto-update (just for the price) for some specific products, but it didn't work.

Last edited:

Christina

Administrator
I got it, thank you very much. I'm playing around with these features.

Seem the Update feature for a single product doesn't work properly. I changed the item "When the price changes" to "Do nothing" and Update the product. But the page then refreshes again and the "Update automatically" still appears. Nothing changes.

View attachment 7348

I think It conflicts with the update feature here. Or it doesn't have a "Save changes" button in the Update section for a single product.
View attachment 7349

I would like to turn off the auto-update (just for the price) for some specific products, but it didn't work.

Hello, daica85!

The issue isn't produced on my end.
If you changed the item "When the price changes" to "Do nothing" and Update the product, the product was updated according to those settings you had set.

The update settings in product options and in AliExpress -> Updates are for manual update. If you don't want the price to be changed you should disable auto-update.

daica85

Hi Christina,

Thanks for your help!

"If you changed the item "When the price changes" to "Do nothing" and Update the product, the product was updated according to those settings you had set." => Yes, the product was updated when I press the Update button. However, the "Do nothing" attribute is changed back to "Update automatically" after that and it's still automatically updated in the next time. It doesn't keep the "Do nothing" status (just for the price)

I also want the price to be updated automatically, however for some products, I would like to disable this feature. But the "Do nothing" attribute is not be kept, it's always be changed to "Update automatically". How to disable the price auto-update just for specific products?

Thanks,

Christina

Administrator
Yes, the product was updated when I press the Update button. However, the "Do nothing" attribute is changed back to "Update automatically" after that and it's still automatically updated in the next time. It doesn't keep the "Do nothing" status (just for the price)
These settings are applied for the manual product update only. When you want to update a particular product you set the necessary ones and update it.

I also want the price to be updated automatically, however for some products, I would like to disable this feature. But the "Do nothing" attribute is not be kept, it's always be changed to "Update automatically". How to disable the price auto-update just for specific products?

Thanks,

You should disable auto-update in AliExpress -> Updates and disable the Update option in such products options too. When you launch the bulk manual update process, these products won't be updated and you will be able to update them manualy when you want.

daica85

These settings are applied for the manual product update only. When you want to update a particular product you set the necessary ones and update it.

You should disable auto-update in AliExpress -> Updates and disable the Update option in such products options too. When you launch the bulk manual update process, these products won't be updated and you will be able to update them manualy when you want.

Hi Christina,

If I disable the auto-update feature in both places (in AliExpress->Updates and in Products) then all products will not be updated automatically.

I would like to keep the price auto-update for almost products and disable this feature for some particular products

Example: I have 10 products, in which I want below:

7 products with fully auto-update (price, stock, and variations),
3 products with partially auto-update (stock and variations), manual-update for the price.

How can I set up this?

Christina

Administrator
If I disable the auto-update feature in both places (in AliExpress->Updates and in Products) then all products will not be updated automatically.

Yes, you're right. You should do it manually.

I would like to keep the price auto-update for almost products and disable this feature for some particular products

Example: I have 10 products, in which I want below:

7 products with fully auto-update (price, stock, and variations),
3 products with partially auto-update (stock and variations), manual-update for the price.

How can I set up this?

When you enable auto-update, all the products will be updated regadless your settings for maual bulk update in AliExpress->Updates.
Therefore, you should disable auto-update and update 7 products manually in a bulk in AliExpress -> Updates, and 3 products manually in Product Options -> Update.

daica85

Hi @Christina,

There's a big problem if the number of products in the store is large

Example, I have 10,000 products in my store

1. In AliExpress -> Update, I turned off the Auto update. Whenever I want to update products, I use the manual update in bulk with the "Update Now" button.
2. In among 10,000 products, I have 1000 products which I want to set their prices manually. Then I turned off the Product Option -> Update in each those 1000 products.

Then I have:
  • 1000 products: Turned off Update in Product Option -> Update
  • 9000 products: Turned on Update in Product Option -> Update
The problem is: I can not open 1000 products and updates every 1000 times for their stock & variations.

1547520763936.png

What I want is just turning off the update for the price (Choose Do nothing), and keep others (stock & variations) auto-updated.

How can I configure these? How to choose "Do nothing" by default instead of "Update automatically" (image above)?

Thanks,

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi @Christina,

There's a big problem if the number of products in the store is large

Example, I have 10,000 products in my store

1. In AliExpress -> Update, I turned off the Auto update. Whenever I want to update products, I use the manual update in bulk with the "Update Now" button.
2. In among 10,000 products, I have 1000 products which I want to set their prices manually. Then I turned off the Product Option -> Update in each those 1000 products.

Then I have:
  • 1000 products: Turned off Update in Product Option -> Update
  • 9000 products: Turned on Update in Product Option -> Update
The problem is: I can not open 1000 products and updates every 1000 times for their stock & variations.

View attachment 7714

What I want is just turning off the update for the price (Choose Do nothing), and keep others (stock & variations) auto-updated.

How can I configure these? How to choose "Do nothing" by default instead of "Update automatically" (image above)?

Thanks,
Hello, it's not possible to set Update rules for every single product. You can either update all products or disable Update option for some of them.

daica85

Could you add this feature to the next version? Because the Update feature causes problems on the price. It reverts the price back automatically.

If you disable Update option for some products then it's hard to manage each of them to update variation & stock when the product number is large.