How can we know which products we are selling are copied from a new brand that we don't know about? Should we avoid these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

demontaihack

Hi all,

I am starting my business I think everyone here once thought of these. I plan to sell products to the US so I want to only sell illegal products.

My concern is I don't know if the product that I am picking to sell is illegal if it's remade or copied 60-80% from a new brand that I don't know that they are existing. I am just afraid that they can claim the hosting provider I am hosting my store on and get my website suspended.

Of course, I always want to avoid counterfeited and branded products, but what if a new product that I may think it's okay is copyrighted? How can I make sure 100%?
Is there a process to check all these?

Any thought is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mar

Hi all,

I am starting my business I think everyone here once thought of these. I plan to sell products to the US so I want to only sell illegal products.

My concern is I don't know if the product that I am picking to sell is illegal if it's remade or copied 60-80% from a new brand that I don't know that they are existing. I am just afraid that they can claim the hosting provider I am hosting my store on and get my website suspended.

Of course, I always want to avoid counterfeited and branded products, but what if a new product that I may think it's okay is copyrighted? How can I make sure 100%?

Illegal products are illegal drugs, guns, explosives and the like. Payment gateways don't allow this products in your site. Your account in social sites will banned. You will really have trouble selling this products.

daniel-97

I don't think the "illegal" products can be advertised on Social Media like FB, Google, ... so don't think it matters if it infringes any brand as no illegal brand will register for their business.

I'm really curious lol, what will you sell and how are you planning to promote your products? (I may ask)

Sunster

Staff member
Hi all,

LOL :D. Obviously (going from the title and the rest of post) that's a typo but you are asking how to avoid (illegal) counterfeit, trademarked and copyrighted products.

The only time I've heard of this being an issue is when someone just doesn't know any better, turns a blind eye or is just to lazy to put the work in to their store. You have to put the work in if you are serious about your store. Before importing any products, check the supplier feedback, check the product reviews, look for brand names etc. Sometimes it's as simple as Googling the product title because the store/supplier was too lazy to even change the title and the official website pops up as the first hit. Do a reverse image search and it will lead you to the other drop shippers websites but the official website will also pop up.

In the end if you just want to mass add products and complain that this just isn't possible because it takes too much time then you are taking a chance. It could be as simple as your web host taking your site down or your social media account being banned but it could also get very serious with fines in the millions and prison time. And YES it CAN and DOES happen a lot more than you think. E.g. Over a million websites seized in global operation

Status
Not open for further replies.