How can I improve GT Metrix CLS Score - Cumulative Layout Shift - from 0.68?

newperson_

• Website is run on ElGreco Woo
• I installed and configured Autoptimize plugin but no change.
• I also installed and configured Advanced iFrame plugin but no change
• I've already ruled out my server and CDN as not contributing to the 0.68 CLS score.
• All the website images are Glossy optimized by ShortPixel plugin.
• I have a cache plugin active on the site which improves the overall performance except the CLS score.
• Also, I noticed that my site breaks if I enable the Minify settings of the cache plugin. So I leave the Minify settings disabled.
• All the active plugins are up to date.

The overall GT Metrix website grade is B. But the CLS score is stuck at 0.68 regardless of my efforts, so far, to reduce it.

As reference:
  • Good – CLS below 0.1,
  • Needs improvement – CLS between 0.1 and 0.25,
  • Poor – CLS above 0.25.
My website CLS is 0.68 which is poor. Any suggestion(s) on how I can improve it will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

chris37

• I've already ruled out my server and CDN as not contributing to the 0.68 CLS score.
• I have a cache plugin active on the site which improves the overall performance except the CLS score.
• Also, I noticed that my site breaks if I enable the Minify settings of the cache plugin. So I leave the Minify settings disabled.

The overall GT Metrix website grade is B. But the CLS score is stuck at 0.68 regardless of my efforts, so far, to reduce it.

As reference:
  • Good – CLS below 0.1,
  • Poor – CLS above 0.25.
My website CLS is 0.68 which is poor. Any suggestion(s) on how I can improve it will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Even if your website grade is F ,if is load less to 3 second I don't see a proplem here.

yoha03

As reference:
  • Good – CLS below 0.1,
  • Poor – CLS above 0.25.
Cls is cumulative layout switch so it is not about minify or image size but depend on your themes how they load the page, try deactivate banner slider maybe it help a bit

chris37

Hi I will open my new shop and I like to know what is the average website load time you guys have?

All of my site load around 2 seconds,
But this was combination from many thing

1) Fast theme
2) cache plugin
3) minify css-html -java
4) CDN
5) Image compress plugin and manual compress image with Photoshop
6) And last but not least a good quality Server.

Delfi

All of my site load around 2 seconds,
But this was combination from many thing

1) Fast theme
2) cache plugin
3) minify css-html -java
4) CDN
5) Image compress plugin and manual compress image with Photoshop
6) And last but not least a good quality Server.

Can you tell me what cache plugin do you use ?
What is CDN?

Thank you Chris

chris37

Can you tell me what cache plugin do you use ?
I use wp faster cache but they are many good you can try
What is CDN?

CDN Definition. A CDN (Content Delivery Network) is a highly-distributed platform of servers that helps minimize delays in loading web page content by reducing the physical distance between the server and the user. This helps users around the world view the same high-quality content without slow loading times.

I personal use CDN from cloudflare

P.S i just copy it from google :)

danumo

I am using ElGreco (+plugin galore), below are the results for Desktop (W3 Total Cache, ShortPixel, fast server)

1629190502349.png

It's not yet pretty on mobile (hello Cloudflare), shocking that there can be such a difference :(
1629190904899.png

CLS is not a problem but used to be. My slider is on btw.

Has anybody had experience with or an opinion about AMP and if it will work with AliWoo?

yoha03

I am using ElGreco (+plugin galore), below are the results for Desktop (W3 Total Cache, ShortPixel, fast server)

View attachment 15056

It's not yet pretty on mobile (hello Cloudflare), shocking that there can be such a difference :(
View attachment 15057

CLS is not a problem but used to be. My slider is on btw.

Has anybody had experience with or an opinion about AMP and if it will work with AliWoo?
yes I realize the one which causing the issue for CLS is promo banner, it cause the layout shift when load
if I turn off promo banner, the cls score will be good