Hosting Issues

Wyatt

So, I purchased a domain from Namecheap and the Silver hosting plan from AliDropship. Nothing is straightforward, but after watching youtube and trying to figure things out, I'm realizing that I need to input two nameservers in the settings of my domain in Namecheap, however I cannot find those in the cPanel.

Also, I am trying to connect WP to my domain, but I am unable to login to the admin panel of WP. I am assuming this issue is due to the first issue being done incorrectly.

If there is someone to call and walk me through this that'd be awesome. Thanks.

Sunster

Staff member
So, I purchased a domain from Namecheap and the Silver hosting plan from AliDropship. Nothing is straightforward, but after watching youtube and trying to figure things out, I'm realizing that I need to input two nameservers in the settings of my domain in Namecheap, however I cannot find those in the cPanel.

Also, I am trying to connect WP to my domain, but I am unable to login to the admin panel of WP. I am assuming this issue is due to the first issue being done incorrectly.

The nameservers should have been sent to you in your welcome email. In the meantime you can install wordpress etc and use the ip address they also sent you in your welcome email until your domain propagates.

Wyatt

Okay got it. Anybody ever seen this when trying to install WP?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 7.28.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 7.28.29 PM.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 5

Mar

Basically you need to point domain name to the name servers of your hosting account. You need to login to your Namecheap account to do it. Get in touch with your hosting account and ask their name servers. See this guide: https://www.namecheap.com/support/k...-domain-name-to-a-hosting-account-or-a-server