Hide "Ship From" and other useless Variations Front End

Arnaldo

Hi Alidropship team.

I asked this questions a few months ago without really having input on this. I currently use Aliwoo plugin with Woocommerce.

On many products I sell in my niche, I found suppliers that can dropship products from USA and from China which is nice to reach both EU and US with acceptable shipping delays.

Aliexpress is filled with lots of useless variations that propose customers/dropshippers to choose the "Ship From" variations. Also, many products have a size variation that adds nothing to the user experience and are just repeated size information, like this:

Aliexpress Variations.jpg

This is very "Chinese" way of UX experience (no offense to Chinese people at all here lol).

I mean, cites me any famous Western E-commerce site that asks their potential buyers/customers to choose themselves from where or what warehouse locations the product will be sent from, uh? Like asking them to do part of the logistics themselves lol

Honestly it such case, it could be a sale breaker, really. People are impatient. I have many products in my store in that case. So, I want to maximize conversion at any costs (less friction, less hesitation, more conversion).

So, on my store to overcome partly this issue, I renamed these shipping variations like this on my store:

Shipping variation.PNG

But the problem is I still have these dirty size variation, sometimes even additional product photo that adds even more confusion for the customer.

So in the backend of Woocommerce i "pre-ticked" all of these variations (default form values) to accelerate the buying process and make the "Add to Cart" button glowing red as the last thing you need to click to go directly to checkout page (and not figuring out for 30 seconds to buy the product) like this:

Woocommerce variation back end.PNG

So my question is:

- Is it possible in a near future to have a way to hide some of these variations on the Frontend only? Your staff suggested to use some CSS, but the problem is you can only hide all of these or nothing, which is problematic if your customer can't choose the model variation...

I thought about removing these variations completely from Woocommerce (or at import stage) since when auto-filling orders Alidropship is showing us all the correct Aliexpress original variations to choose.
But if I do so in the backend, I will lose all Aliexpress stock synchronization... which is a no go.

What would be nice is to have an option that would take into account all the different warehouse stocks (like Warehouse stock A, Warehouse stock B, Warehouse stock C) in the back end and hide all of it to the customers eyes in the front end, leaving us the choice of the "ship from" at the auto-filing order stage (our problem not customer).

For example: I have a product that can ship to the USA. It is found in US Warehouse and also in China Warehouse. But let's say USA warehouse has 0 stocks. But I could still send to the USA from China Warehouse.... Do you see the point I'm trying to explain here?

Ideally, what would be nice will be to have "China" warehouse shipping location to be always #1 (depending where shipping goes worldwide) as 1st choice to consider and leave the other location as backups, for example:

- If Main China Stocks = 0, put product to draft even if US has stocks.

More simply, leave us the choice to keep shipping variations back end and choose only when ordering by hiding it to cutsomer.

Ok, some readers may argue that most of Aliexpress don't have these shipping variations on most products, so being part of the minority here I should just change niche lol (just kidding, no way).

But think in the head of your customer, it is pretty awkward like this for these type of products. And when your main suppliers have many of these variations it is problematic.

Many Ecom experts say that if your site is taking more than 2s to load, it dramatically decreases conversion rate, so if your potential customer has to figure out what box to tick before making an order, guess what happens? same effect.

So if we can only have to make the Color/Model/Variable size Variations like a regular E-commerce store leaving all these variation in the backend, it could be AWESOME.

I hope that you understand what I was meaning in this long post and still don't think I'm crazy, I just want to make Alidropship better! lol

Also, don't forget that Shopify users also have this problem so.... you'll have again a more competitive advantage Yaros!

So any advice or temporary solution with the current state of development is welcomed ;-)

Cheers Ali team!

Last edited:

Dylan-

This would be great indeed, I've recently stumbled on your old post. It's indeed very silly we can't hide those useless variations.

@Yaros @Victoria Kudryashova

Would be great if you guys can do something with this idea.

Last edited: