Help!!! Make a Product FREE

Elmerblack

Hi, I am new to this forum and would like to ask for some help.
I want to set my items to free as a few categories are FREE plus shipping.
I have tried every formula I can imagine (cost=0, cost = 0.00, cost x 0 and so on) but nothing works. By trying any of these methods - all of my products become "out of stock" immediately. Please can anyone advise on what the setting is? I know on the old plug in there was a "discount" section where by you can take say 100%off, but that is no longer there.

Christina

Administrator
Hi, I am new to this forum and would like to ask for some help.
I want to set my items to free as a few categories are FREE plus shipping.
I have tried every formula I can imagine (cost=0, cost = 0.00, cost x 0 and so on) but nothing works. By trying any of these methods - all of my products become "out of stock" immediately. Please can anyone advise on what the setting is? I know on the old plug in there was a "discount" section where by you can take say 100%off, but that is no longer there.

Hello, Elmerblack!

Current AliDropship Woo plugin version has a Coupons option. WooCommerce -> Coupons.

Edit coupon 1.png

In General section you can choose a discount type, for instance, Fixed product discount or Percentage discount. In Usage restriction - choose a product and a product category, etc. Don't forget to set a usage limit per coupon and per user.

Direct Webstore

FREE plus shipping.
If you have to pay for shipping, it's not free. LOL :) (Do people actually believe that scam anymore these days?)
Anyway, this has been discussed several times in this forum ... hit the search box above/left for more feedback on the topic. :)

Elmerblack

Thank you for your responses - firstly (Christina) - thanks I am aware of the coupons section, however it leaves each product still with a price.

Secondly (Direct Webstore) - yes, as my other older websites prove, it does still work, also, an item can still be 'free' - as an amount paid for said product (If postage is paid via a 3rd party.) If a third party is the provider of a said service - namely' logistics' say - the item cost to the consumer is still infact free, and the 3rd party offers their service at any particular price or for a fee, the item still, miraculously , is still free to the consumer.

But many thanks for your imput Direct Wholesale (which? out of curiousity? I know of a vast amount of so called Direct Webstores - as unique as it sounds) - as unhelpful as it was :)

Last edited:

Direct Webstore

But many thanks for your imput - as unhelpful as it was.

Sorry if you think feedback on this topic elsewhere in this forum would not be of any help. Some are all for it and some like me are against it. There are also solutions as to how they implemented it if you care to do a search like I suggested. But up to you.

My opinion is that it would work with people are are not "the sharpest pencils in the box" ... but anyone reasonably intelligent would be able to see through it. Like I have said elsewhere on this topic ... I want to keep the "gullible customers" AND the smart ones happy and that's why I personally avoid such deceptive tactics. You don't see the big established sites like eBay and Amazon using such deception. I'd rather keep my sites as honest as I can. Sure, it's OK in the short term, but I'm not really interested in a "quick buck". I want my sites to build up a good reputation for many many years to come, and that would be hard to do if I implemented such tacky tactics.

But like I said, that's just my opinion. I prefer the more honest methods like using coupons, discounts and competitions. But Good Luck with your strategy. :)

Last edited:

Elmerblack

Oh, and FYI Direct Webstore, I have searched my query here many many times, no formulas work however. Proof of this is that the Plugin admin are working on my site as we speak.

Please though, if you are so confident, and have the time of course, please provide me a link to the thread that works? Every formula I try does not work - and though new to the Alidropship Plugin, I am long in the tooth with online stores. Regards

Elmerblack

Thats fine Direct Webstore- I do understand your concern - did feel a tad personal to me though - but yes, I do agree with with some things that you have said, particularly with the demographic. Regards.

Elmerblack

Received a moment ago -

JUL 16, 2018 | 05:45PM +06
Igor replied:
Hello *******,
I’ve escalated this to our developers – hopefully, they’ll be able to find a solution as soon as possible.
I’ll let you know the updates within next 24 hours.
I’m sorry for any frustration this is causing.
Best regards,
--
Igor,

Senior Support Manager.

Email: support@alidropship.com

Elmerblack

If you have to pay for shipping, it's not free. LOL :) (Do people actually believe that scam anymore these days?)
Anyway, this has been discussed several times in this forum ... hit the search box above/left for more feedback on the topic. :)

Unfortunately, nothing is this forum does in fact work for AliWOO. (I would of course use the solution if there indeed was one available to me.)
The support team are infact working on it as we speak - I received this email only moments ago. I will post once an actual solution appears to those who are also new to this plugin (and not stupid).

Here is the latest.

JUL 16, 2018 | 05:45PM +06
Igor replied:
Hello *******,
I’ve escalated this to our developers – hopefully, they’ll be able to find a solution as soon as possible.
I’ll let you know the updates within next 24 hours.
I’m sorry for any frustration this is causing.
Best regards,
--
Igor,

Senior Support Manager.

Elmerblack

I would have to use the search box above and to your left to do that. If I get time later I will search for you. :)

Nothing personal intended. This is a forum and forums are for people to express different opinions. Simple as that. :)
No problem, thank you. Once you have found it please, please contact the support team as they have been on this for 2 days - please view earlier post.
Kindest Regards.

Elmerblack

Hi, I received this email yesterday - so hopefully at some point today there will be a solution to my problem.

Hello *******,
I’ve just received the feedback from our developers. We’ll fix it in the new update of the plugin which we plan to release tomorrow.
Thank you for your patience.
Best regards,
--
Igor,

Senior Support Manager.

Regards.