Google Merchant add-on ver. 0.3.1 - UPDATE

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
- Server-side feed generation feature added.
In order to activate this feature you need to enable these functions: proc_open(), proc_get_status(), posix_getpgid(), posix_kill().

Server-side feed generation is a more effective process in terms of recources demand.
As a client, you are not supposed to enable these functions by yourself, it is in hosting range of responsibilities.

ibrendan

Hi Dimitriy, my host has enabled the above functions, but for some reason my feed is not being generated. It gets stuck on 0%. When I hit cancel I get the error: cant find process 1023412.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dimitriy, my host has enabled the above functions, but for some reason my feed is not being generated. It gets stuck on 0%. When I hit cancel I get the error: cant find process 1023412.

I've sent you a PM, please check.

ofuroinu

Is this for auto fetch feature?
We have ask hosting co to activate proc_open(), proc_get_status(), posix_getpgid(), posix_kill() ?
What if they ask reason?

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
Is this for auto fetch feature?
We have ask hosting co to activate proc_open(), proc_get_status(), posix_getpgid(), posix_kill() ?
What if they ask reason?

The reason of including this feature to our add-on, is that server-side feed generation is a more effective process in terms of recources demand.

ibrendan

Thank you for getting back to me. I'd rather not give my admin access in order to fix this problem. Would you be able to send me the required patch plugin. I'm sure I will be able to install it myself.

Thank you for understanding,

Brendan

Dimitriy Strekalov

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for getting back to me. I'd rather not give my admin access in order to fix this problem. Would you be able to send me the required patch plugin. I'm sure I will be able to install it myself.

Thank you for understanding,

Brendan

I've sent you a PM, please check.

ibrendan

Oh, one more thing.

Under adwords conversions my conversions all show up as "tag inactive"

I keep getting the following error from adwords:

90% of your Google Ads tag activity is missing "product ID"

I've added my adwords conversion label and conversion ID as instructed here:
https://help.alidropship.com/add-ons/google-ads

I'm also unable to validate my remarketing tag as it says some products are not valid.

Oh, one more thing.

Under adwords conversions my conversions all show up as "tag inactive"

I keep getting the following error from adwords:

90% of your Google Ads tag activity is missing "product ID"

I've added my adwords conversion label and conversion ID as instructed here:
https://help.alidropship.com/add-ons/google-ads

I'm also unable to validate my remarketing tag as it says some products are not valid.
you need to add the product id in your google tag manager so it can register in your AdWords and analytics account

ofuroinu

The reason of including this feature to our add-on, is that server-side feed generation is a more effective process in terms of recources demand.

This is how they reply how to do now my boss?

DXXX I.: As much as I'd love to help, I am not aware of how this can be enabled and all of those settings can be done either from the .htaccess or through the php.ini file
DXXX I.: if you can provide more information on how they can be enabled
DXXX I.: I will gladly do so
XXXX: can you file a ticket and ask techincal to help
DXXX I.: still that is very much related to the php language and the development of the site
DXXX I.: and thats is not something we can provide at SIteGround
DXXX I.: if you can ask your developer for more information, we will gladly help you out
DXXX I.: and enable them for you