Good POD companies (shocked about Printful's global tax collection)?

Mika

Is there any GOOD POD company alternatives who does not charge taxes "globally"?

I just signed up with Printful, set-up process (Woo+Printful+Alidorpship) was easy, and everything looked quite perfect until after a few days of sign up I received email from Printful informing about how they charge taxes.

This looks absurd. I'm not saying that the mission is not to pay any taxes, but I really do not get this. If I'm using their services, essentially they force me to charge taxes for nearly 40 US states, all 27 EU states and Australia. I think this is not globalisation as it's best. I uderstand they need to comply as they operate physical facilities in US and EU, but for me as a small startup this is something I cant do even with their automated process. I have no time or energy or will to do it. It complicates pricing, even if Woocommerce + Prinful App could do it automaticaly - if set up correctly. However, I don't know how to set up it correctly... and adding for example +24% VAT for some EU countries such as Finland if bye bye for attractive pricing (and Prinful adds VAT, even in the cases it is not required!!! For example customers can import max €22 priced merchandise without paying VAT in Finland legally - and in many EU countries there are similar VAT rules).

I have found Interestprint, and they looks good so far, integration was quite easy (but a bit spooky using API & no app showing inside WordPress dash), but not sure yet if integration works fine also on stores which sell also products for example using Alidropship plugin. I have to test...

Anyway, any suggestions or warnings about POD companies?

Enclosed is the email for Printful:

Printful charges three different types of taxes depending on your customer's location:

Sales Tax

Printful is registered for sales tax in multiple states, meaning we're required by law to charge sales tax on all sales to those states. The sales tax rate is different depending on the state, city, county, and district the order is being shipped to, and the amount charged is based on your retail price (the price you sell it at).

If you have resale certificates for any of these states, you can submit them to us and you'll be exempt from this tax charge. You'll then be required to collect sales tax from your customers and remit it to each state's government.

VAT

One of our fulfillment centers is located in the European Union – in Latvia. We're obligated by law to charge you value-added tax (VAT) for orders that we fulfill in Europe and with a destination address in the EU.

If you're a registered VAT payer and submit us a valid VAT ID, then we'll charge 0% VAT except for orders going to countries we're registered in. In these cases, sales count as domestic and can't have 0% VAT. If you're registered as a VAT payer, then you're liable to collect VAT from customers in the EU.

GST

All orders being shipped to Australia are charged 10% GST unless GST was already charged by your marketplace.

Click on the button below to read our full tax FAQs! We also recommend consulting an accountant to discuss your tax obligations.