Going to vent frustration!

Beckster

Sorry the plugin still doesn't work consistently when importing products. I'm an experienced user of woo and the Alidropship plugin for some years now and nothing has improved here.

The Edit button still keeps failing every 2 to 3 imports and then fails completely when pressing 'edit', which loses me so much time importing products. It also then fails on the simple import button. I can't waste anymore time with this.

COULD YOU PLEASE PLEASE sort the glitch.

Thank you.

Mar

Sorry the plugin still doesn't work consistently when importing products. I'm an experienced user of woo and the Alidropship plugin for some years now and nothing has improved here.

The Edit button still keeps failing every 2 to 3 imports and then fails completely when pressing 'edit', which loses me so much time importing products. It also then fails on the simple import button. I can't waste anymore time with this.

Thank you.
It look like you are not importing the normal way, the direct import.

1597570663176.png

the_lyall

Thank you.
I also use this import method, and the only problems I've ever had were caused by my hosting when the Chrome extension made too many/too frequent calls to my website. For example if I opened 50 AliExpress product tabs, for each of those the Chrome extension would make calls to my website to get the current list of product categories, check if the product already exists etc. and my website would consider that an attack and go into 'leave me alone' mode. The results would be:
  • The incorrect status would be shown on the AliExpress page (i.e. it would tell me it doesn't already exist on my site when it does) although presumably with a cached list of the product categories.
  • The 'edit' button wouldn't work - clicking it would do nothing
At the moment I'm working on a new website so I'm adding a few products for testing and haven't had any issues as yet.

Incidentally, this is a public forum for members rather than staff so you're complaining to the wrong people. If your 'fix this please' is aimed at AliDropship you need to write to the support team, not to us...

Mar

I always use the Direct Import method and it work well most of the time and fast. When products are in the import list, editing and publish is sure and easy and I do it at the convenient time. I don't understand why stick to the import method that don't work when there are choices.

the_lyall

I always use the Direct Import method and it work well most of the time and fast. When products are in the import list, editing and publish is sure and easy and I do it at the convenient time. I don't understand why stick to the import method that don't work when there are choices.

Personally I make use of the features in the edit screen before it gets to WooCommerce, such as renaming the attributes and variations, changing the title and description, removing/updating the additional information attributes, choosing a main image etc. Also I find it easy to do while I'm browsing AliExpress. But it's just a preference, there's certainly nothing wrong with doing it from the website side instead as you suggest. I don't usually have any problems using the Chrome extension so there's no reason for me to do it differently, and I like the intuitive front end the extension gives.

AliDropship don't sell it as a wrong way and a right way, they sell it as 'two options' for importing products, so both should be treated equally in terms of development and fixes, if indeed there is an issue with one or the other. But I've not seen any issues recently, they both work.

Reactions: Mar