Free Giveaway Option

David_A

We'd like to offer a free giveaway on our website and are using a coupon code to get lower the product price down to $0. Is there a way to allow the customer to skip the credit card info on orders that equal zero? It could lead to lots of skepticism if we offer a free product but still require a credit card even though there is no charge. Thanks for your help.

David

David_A

Also, I've got another issue that I think there could be a simple fix for. With our giveaway we have a coupon code that gives a currency discount of the full price of the item. We'd like to set a maximum number of uses per order to 1. Currently if you add two or more of the free product to the cart and apply the coupon code it will lower the price for all of them to $0, we'd like to make it so that it only can be used once per order. Is that a possibility?

David_A

I think I have a work around for the first issue (eliminating the need for credit card information on "Free" orders. I can add a "cash on delivery" optin and change the title to something like "Free Giveaway - No Credit Card Needed". However, I'd like to have this option only work when the balance of the order is =$0. In the payments option it has a "minimum cost of the order" setting, if you added a "maximum cost of the order" setting I could set that to $0.01 and then it should only be available for orders who's total was $0.