FB pixel setup

Hi, Support team
I am really stuck now on the pixel that is having in the plugin and i read through the forum i still dont get it how to fix this.

i read the forum that if i need to add pixel event such as add payment info, initiate checkout and so on. i need to remove the pixel code and add the pixel script in customization -> head with my pixel script. as per attachment 1 & 2.

But once i install that i check through pixel helper that only "page view" pixel is install in every page. - see attachment 3

then i added the pixel event "add payment info" it actually show all page with payment info pixel fire in main page - see attachment main page.

and i read FB help that the pixel event should be added after </head> and on the specific pages such as purchase pixel should be added in "thank you" page, and payment info pixel script should be added in "payment" page as per attachment 4

Now the question is

where is the </head> and where should i add all this pixel event in? do you have the step by step document to do this? don't sent me the FB help link please as i already read and do not understand that is going on as what FB suggest is not found in alidropship.

Do i have to go to editor to edit each php file and add the pixel event? such as single product.php and etc?
Need urgent help as i don't know what should do next steps.
Please advise
thanks

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 23
  • mainpage.JPG
    mainpage.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 24

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi, Support team
I am really stuck now on the pixel that is having in the plugin and i read through the forum i still dont get it how to fix this.

i read the forum that if i need to add pixel event such as add payment info, initiate checkout and so on. i need to remove the pixel code and add the pixel script in customization -> head with my pixel script. as per attachment 1 & 2.

But once i install that i check through pixel helper that only "page view" pixel is install in every page. - see attachment 3

then i added the pixel event "add payment info" it actually show all page with payment info pixel fire in main page - see attachment main page.

and i read FB help that the pixel event should be added after </head> and on the specific pages such as purchase pixel should be added in "thank you" page, and payment info pixel script should be added in "payment" page as per attachment 4

Now the question is

where is the </head> and where should i add all this pixel event in? do you have the step by step document to do this? don't sent me the FB help link please as i already read and do not understand that is going on as what FB suggest is not found in alidropship.

Do i have to go to editor to edit each php file and add the pixel event? such as single product.php and etc?
Need urgent help as i don't know what should do next steps.
Please advise
thanks
You need to paste a code here:

upload_2017-9-12_10-39-33.png

Hi, Victoria
You mean putting it as per attachment with all the event? in such case all pages will have the pixel event fire which is in correct.
i check FB that such as "purchase" event should only be place in "thank you" page and " payment info" should only be place in payment info page.

please advise
thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 20

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi, Victoria
You mean putting it as per attachment with all the event? in such case all pages will have the pixel event fire which is in correct.
i check FB that such as "purchase" event should only be place in "thank you" page and " payment info" should only be place in payment info page.

please advise
thanks
Have you checked your Facebook account for event Purchase? I clarified with our developers and it should be tracked even when you paste your pixel code in Customization -> General

Hi victoria
The original plugin is tracking the event viewcontent, add to cart and purchase. But i want to have extra event to be setup such as initiate checkout and paymenet info so that my site have view content -> add to cart-> initiate checkout-> payment info -> purchase funnel. But now alidropship only have 3 and i want it in 5. Let me know if is not clear.

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi victoria
The original plugin is tracking the event viewcontent, add to cart and purchase. But i want to have extra event to be setup such as initiate checkout and paymenet info so that my site have view content -> add to cart-> initiate checkout-> payment info -> purchase funnel. But now alidropship only have 3 and i want it in 5. Let me know if is not clear.
Yes, it is correct, now it is 3 , it is possible that we will add more events , but not immediately. Please use Facebook recommendations about settings, if you need more events.

Hi, Victoria
"Please use Facebook recommendations about settings, if you need more events."

Please can you describe what do you mean by this?
is it possible that we can tweak and add ourself without waiting for your team to build that extra 2 event in?
thanks

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
Hi, Victoria
"Please use Facebook recommendations about settings, if you need more events."

Please can you describe what do you mean by this?
is it possible that we can tweak and add ourself without waiting for your team to build that extra 2 event in?
thanks
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-pixel/using-the-pixel
I'm very sorry, but I can't tell you the exact time of when we built in these 2 events to make this process automatical for you. If you need help in setting up these events by yourself - better to contact Facebook support.

Last edited:

TexasPoolGuy

I am very confused. In the knowledge base it says to simply paste the Pixel ID in "general" -> "facebook pixel ID".

https://alidropship.com/codex/10-set-facebook-pixel-id/

Here, you are saying we need to paste the entire code in the head tag, with the events we want to track (IE: purchase).

So to only track page view, add to cart and purchase what do we copy and paste?

Pixel ID in customization -> general -> pixel code
OR
Entire facebook script in customization -> head -> <head tag>

Does the purchase pixel and add to cart pixel need to be pasted anywhere else in conjunction with this?

I've found conflicting messages throughout the site and forum and my pixels are very clearly firing incorrectly per FB ad manager reporting :)

Thank you for the help!

Victoria Kudryashova

Administrator
I am very confused. In the knowledge base it says to simply paste the Pixel ID in "general" -> "facebook pixel ID".

https://alidropship.com/codex/10-set-facebook-pixel-id/

Here, you are saying we need to paste the entire code in the head tag, with the events we want to track (IE: purchase).

So to only track page view, add to cart and purchase what do we copy and paste?

Pixel ID in customization -> general -> pixel code
OR
Entire facebook script in customization -> head -> <head tag>

Does the purchase pixel and add to cart pixel need to be pasted anywhere else in conjunction with this?

I've found conflicting messages throughout the site and forum and my pixels are very clearly firing incorrectly per FB ad manager reporting :)

Thank you for the help!
So to only track page view, add to cart and purchase what do we copy and paste? Pixel ID in customization -> general -> pixel code