Facebook Business Plugin...HELP!

I thought I would reach out to the community for help with this.

I use the AliDropship plugin for my website www.thesunglassmerch.com, I do not use WooCommerce. I purchased the Facebook Business Plugin from AliDropship and have not been able to use it successfully.
All the instructions were followed, but Facebook seems to say that I'm missing "id", which I'm not sure where that would be found.

The strange this is, about 8 or not products did import to my Facebook Store at facebook.com/thesunglassmerch, but I can't tell what is special about these products that would allow them to import while the rest won't.

I've tried to delete the connection to the Facebook Pixel and redo the connection, but end up with the same result. I was reading that WooCommerce uses SKU's and that Facebook can use this for importing products, but the AliDropship Plugin does not support SKU's.

Has anyone successfully set up a Facebook Store using the AliDropship Plugin?
Does anyone know of good step-by-step instructions for setting up the Facebook Business Plugin using the AliDropship plugin, if so, can you post the url?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, the Facebook Page is important to my Website and I'm stuck.

Cheers!

daniel-97

Can you send a screenshot of Facebook saying your feed is missing "ID"?

I'm using Google feed and it's working fine with generating feed, I expect the same for FB plugin

chris37

I use the AliDropship plugin for my website www.thesunglassmerch.com, I do not use WooCommerce. I purchased the Facebook Business Plugin from AliDropship and have not been able to use it successfully.
All the instructions were followed, but Facebook seems to say that I'm missing "id", which I'm not sure where that would be found.

The strange this is, about 8 or not products did import to my Facebook Store at facebook.com/thesunglassmerch, but I can't tell what is special about these products that would allow them to import while the rest won't.

I've tried to delete the connection to the Facebook Pixel and redo the connection, but end up with the same result. I was reading that WooCommerce uses SKU's and that Facebook can use this for importing products, but the AliDropship Plugin does not support SKU's.

Does anyone know of good step-by-step instructions for setting up the Facebook Business Plugin using the AliDropship plugin, if so, can you post the url?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, the Facebook Page is important to my Website and I'm stuck.

Cheers!
Did you follow that?

https://help.alidropship.com/en/articles/4194368-facebook-business-add-on

ekaterina_bastrikova

Staff member

Cheers!
Hello!

Could you, please, provide your wp-admin access details in PM to check if the add-on is set up correctly on your website?

Cheers!

Post Update!

So I'm still trying to navigate some issues that I'm still having using the Facebook Business Plugin. I use the AliDropship Plugin, not the WooCommerce version. The straight AliDropship version does not allow for SKU numbers so keep that in mind.

I used the "Google Product Taxonomy" list, supplied by AliDropship to categorize my products, I sell sunglasses so all my products fall into the same category. Once the Categories were selected, I generated the XML file, clicked "Copy URL" and then set up "Data Sources" in the Facebook Commerce Manager. I have 100 products, but after updating the Facebook Catalog, I see that I have 636 products, this makes sense if Facebook is considering each variation of the products as a separate product.

When I went over to the catalog using my PC desktop, I see that the catalog is displaying 82 products. When I checked the catalog on my iPhone I see that the catalog is displaying 26 products. In both cases, I had selected the "See All" option in the Facebook Catalog.

So now I go back over to Data Sources in the Commerce Manager and I see the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in it telling me that there are issues going on. The first thing my attention is drawn to is the results of the last "Upload Session"

636 Products found in file
636 Products updated or added
0 Products rejected due to errors
0 Products removed

OK, so I take this as a good sign, but I still have these "alerts" on each of the uploads.

My next step is I click the "View Report" option. Facebook breaks down the errors in a number of categories and here where things start getting interesting. Facebook is faulting me on 5 items, in each case I'm being flagged for missing color and size. There are a couple of reasons I'm having difficulty with this.
  • Each of my single products uploaded from AliExpress has multiple options within the one product selection. When you purchase any particular product on my website, it's true that you are selecting the color, but you're doing that from within the single product selection.
  • Why are the other 95 products also not flagged, they're set up the same way

The next thing I do is go to "Commerce Manager > Catalog > Items" and I see "all" the products there, but not all of the products listed are populating in the Facebook Catalog. There are five columns that Facebook lists here as follows:

Item | Variants | Availability | Price | Content ID

ITEM
I see that Facebook has assigned a Group ID number to each of the products and the Product description name "does" appear under "Item" along with the thumbnail image of the product.

VARIANTS
I see Facebook has listed the number of variants that it see for each product and it does seem to be correct. I crossed referenced the number of variants showing on Facebook to make sure, there was at least one product that seemed to be showing nearly double the number of variants in the Facebook Catalog as showing on the website, but I believe this is because customers choosing this product are given a choice to ship from China or the United States and Facebook may be counting each choice of shipping origination as two separate products.

AVAILABILITY | PRICE | CONTENT ID
This seems to be where things are going wrong. Random items seem to have entries for these three fields. In each of these cases, the product is appearing as a single product "without variants", although in actuality all my products have variants. I'm assuming that somehow, the way Facebook is uploading the XML file, some variations of random products are breaking out and listing as single products. Further, these single non-variant products that are listing the three fields of Availability, Price, and a Content ID, seem to be the only ones that are appearing in the Catalog.
For each product that "does" show the number of variants, it lists the main product, shows the Group ID, but has no entries in any of the above three fields. If you click the drop-down arrow next to one of these products, the number of variants field is blank, which makes sense, but in each case, the three fields listed above are populating with each individual variant. I theorized that, because the main product listing, under which these variants are listed, does not have entries in these three fields, none of the variants show up in the Facebook catalog, but that theory went down the drain when I was able to find a product listed in the Facebook Catalog that also did not have anything in these three fields where it's located in the items list right above the variants.

As a test, I went back to WordPress and opened a random product for editing. When you go under "Product Options" > Attributes, you have a choice to "Split Product by this Attribute to create new items". I tried splitting one of the products apart into separate items, Generated a new XML file, and uploaded it to the Facebook Catalog. Each variant of the product "did" appear in the product list, but did not appear in the store.

Finally, I went back to WordPress > Products and opened one product that was listed in the Facebook Catalog, and one product that was not. I went through each and every setting to see if there is something I may have done with one product that I did not do with the other and couldn't find any differences in the settings. As a last resort, I even cleared the browser cache to make sure I was getting the most recent viewing of the catalog, but it made no difference.

I realize this was a lengthy post, but if someone has any ideas, or has experienced similar problems with this plugin, please chime in. I've been taking this step by step following AliDropship's instructions for setting up the plugin, but the problems seem so random they are hard to diagnose.

Last edited:

ekaterina_bastrikova

Staff member
Post Update!

So I'm still trying to navigate some issues that I'm still having using the Facebook Business Plugin. I use the AliDropship Plugin, not the WooCommerce version. The straight AliDropship version does not allow for SKU numbers so keep that in mind.

I used the "Google Product Taxonomy" list, supplied by AliDropship to categorize my products, I sell sunglasses so all my products fall into the same category. Once the Categories were selected, I generated the XML file, clicked "Copy URL" and then set up "Data Sources" in the Facebook Commerce Manager. I have 100 products, but after updating the Facebook Catalog, I see that I have 636 products, this makes sense if Facebook is considering each variation of the products as a separate product.

When I went over to the catalog using my PC desktop, I see that the catalog is displaying 82 products. When I checked the catalog on my iPhone I see that the catalog is displaying 26 products. In both cases, I had selected the "See All" option in the Facebook Catalog.

So now I go back over to Data Sources in the Commerce Manager and I see the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in it telling me that there are issues going on. The first thing my attention is drawn to is the results of the last "Upload Session"

636 Products found in file
636 Products updated or added
0 Products rejected due to errors
0 Products removed

OK, so I take this as a good sign, but I still have these "alerts" on each of the uploads.

My next step is I click the "View Report" option. Facebook breaks down the errors in a number of categories and here where things start getting interesting. Facebook is faulting me on 5 items, in each case I'm being flagged for missing color and size. There are a couple of reasons I'm having difficulty with this.
  • Each of my single products uploaded from AliExpress has multiple options within the one product selection. When you purchase any particular product on my website, it's true that you are selecting the color, but you're doing that from within the single product selection.
  • Why are the other 95 products also not flagged, they're set up the same way

The next thing I do is go to "Commerce Manager > Catalog > Items" and I see "all" the products there, but not all of the products listed are populating in the Facebook Catalog. There are five columns that Facebook lists here as follows:

Item | Variants | Availability | Price | Content ID

ITEM
I see that Facebook has assigned a Group ID number to each of the products and the Product description name "does" appear under "Item" along with the thumbnail image of the product.

VARIANTS
I see Facebook has listed the number of variants that it see for each product and it does seem to be correct. I crossed referenced the number of variants showing on Facebook to make sure, there was at least one product that seemed to be showing nearly double the number of variants in the Facebook Catalog as showing on the website, but I believe this is because customers choosing this product are given a choice to ship from China or the United States and Facebook may be counting each choice of shipping origination as two separate products.

AVAILABILITY | PRICE | CONTENT ID
This seems to be where things are going wrong. Random items seem to have entries for these three fields. In each of these cases, the product is appearing as a single product "without variants", although in actuality all my products have variants. I'm assuming that somehow, the way Facebook is uploading the XML file, some variations of random products are breaking out and listing as single products. Further, these single non-variant products that are listing the three fields of Availability, Price, and a Content ID, seem to be the only ones that are appearing in the Catalog.
For each product that "does" show the number of variants, it lists the main product, shows the Group ID, but has no entries in any of the above three fields. If you click the drop-down arrow next to one of these products, the number of variants field is blank, which makes sense, but in each case, the three fields listed above are populating with each individual variant. I theorized that, because the main product listing, under which these variants are listed, does not have entries in these three fields, none of the variants show up in the Facebook catalog, but that theory went down the drain when I was able to find a product listed in the Facebook Catalog that also did not have anything in these three fields where it's located in the items list right above the variants.

As a test, I went back to WordPress and opened a random product for editing. When you go under "Product Options" > Attributes, you have a choice to "Split Product by this Attribute to create new items". I tried splitting one of the products apart into separate items, Generated a new XML file, and uploaded it to the Facebook Catalog. Each variant of the product "did" appear in the product list, but did not appear in the store.

Finally, I went back to WordPress > Products and opened one product that was listed in the Facebook Catalog, and one product that was not. I went through each and every setting to see if there is something I may have done with one product that I did not do with the other and couldn't find any differences in the settings. As a last resort, I even cleared the browser cache to make sure I was getting the most recent viewing of the catalog, but it made no difference.

I realize this was a lengthy post, but if someone has any ideas, or has experienced similar problems with this plugin, please chime in. I've been taking this step by step following AliDropship's instructions for setting up the plugin, but the problems seem so random they are hard to diagnose.
Hello! Could you provide a screenshot with the issue from 'View report', please (choose the last upload session)? Also, could you provide the links to affected products on your website, please?

As for products displaying in Facebook Page Shop, could you confirm that the shop was setup on your Facebook Page, please?