Editing Davinci Footer Since We Have No Widgets

Monty Franklin

Hi:

How do I edit Titles and add copy to the ...

Company Info
Purchase Info
Customer Service

... areas of the Davinci Footer? I would normally use widgets but this theme has none.

Thank you,
Monty

Real Residual

What do you want to do exactly? If you want to add more links or edit links and texts, go to your Wordpress > Appearance > Menu > and in the drop-down select one of the 3 footers to edit. You can add new links there as well. This is a native Wordpress menu.

If you want to add text at the bottom of the site, you can always add them after the Customization > Subscribe Form > after the script. They will show up under the signup box.

If you want to add text at the last line of the site, go to Customization > Footer > Copyright (last box) and enter whatever you want to enter.

Monty Franklin

Thank you @Real Residual. In the global footer, there are three sections with the titles Company Info, Purchase Info, & Customer Service. Typically, this would be a widgetized area, but not with the Davinci theme. I have pointed to the three sections in the screen-shot below.

There are also no options for it under Customization > Footer. You wrote "...Wordpress > Appearance > Menu > and in the drop-down select one of the 3 footers to edit...", but I do not follow what you are talking about. There are currently no menus and I do not see a drop-down with footers to select.

I could of course create a child theme then edit the footer.php file, but thought an areas such as these would be editable within the admin dashboard. Thank you again for the reply and help!

footer-sections-wish-to-edit.png

E

Ekaterina Sayapina

Hi:

How do I edit Titles and add copy to the ...

Company Info
Purchase Info
Customer Service

... areas of the Davinci Footer? I would normally use widgets but this theme has none.

Thank you,
Monty
In Appearance => Menu you can add new links to your Footer menu. Please see the screenshot file attached. The sections Company Info, etc. cannot be customized

Attachments

• Menus ‹ original version — WordPress.png
    Menus ‹ original version — WordPress.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 18

Monty Franklin

Thank you @Ekaterina. I see now. I'll try to figure something out to accomplish what I need. A future upgrade making the footer widgetized would be terrific. Mahalo!

Direct Webstore

A future upgrade making the footer widgetized would be terrific.

If you use a child theme of the original, you can edit the footer.php file directly (Appearance/Edit) and use widgets that use shortcodes. Just put the shortcodes inside a PHP string of code like this ... <?php echo do_shortcode('[SHORTCODE HERE]');?>