Editing attributes causes product variation images/text to swap?

O

OzButcher

Hi,

I usually edit the product attributes and remove a bunch of the attributes I don't require such as features 1, features 2, features 3 etc but always leaving the important material & colour settings.

However, removing only these few attributes and saving/updating the product and my variation images and options are out of whack.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I can reset the product no problem.... but if I edit the attributes again same issue. Screenshot attached.

The page in question:
https://www.casekovr.com/cute-soft-textured-jelly-case/

Attachments

• beforeeditatribute.JPG
    beforeeditatribute.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 15
  • aftereditatribute.JPG
    aftereditatribute.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 14

Mar

Hi,

I usually edit the product attributes and remove a bunch of the attributes I don't require such as features 1, features 2, features 3 etc but always leaving the important material & colour settings.

However, removing only these few attributes and saving/updating the product and my variation images and options are out of whack.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I can reset the product no problem.... but if I edit the attributes again same issue. Screenshot attached.

The page in question:
https://www.casekovr.com/cute-soft-textured-jelly-case/
Another annoying question, discussed to death in the past. The search button at the top of this page is useless, better remove it.

1603088584814.png

O

OzButcher

Another annoying question, discussed to death in the past. The search button at the top of this page is useless, better remove it.

View attachment 13214

Wow such attitude coming from a Mod.

Well thanks for your annoying and non-helpful reply and for highlighting (in colour) that strange looking button.

I did actually search this forum but found only many pages of non-related attribute posts from other users. I'm totally turned off this forum now. Next time I will ask support.

Mar

I'm totally turned off this forum now. Next time I will ask support.
Better send email to support. I am not sure if any member is willing enough to repeat what has been discussed many times in the past. Everybody is annoyed by repeated questions, that is why this thread below was created.

1603091036978.png

O

OzButcher

Thanks to Alidropship Support there is a perfect solution. And I will share it since there does not seem to be a relevant post even though its been discussed to death in the past.

Editing the Attribute tags may cause problems between Aliexpress and Alidropship relating to product updates and other possible conflicts like I had so this is not a ideal solution. Instead using CSS to hide the whole Additional Information Tab makes sense. This information can be entered on your product page anyway.

The fix is very simple. Just add the following CSS code in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

Code:
/* Hide the additional information tab */
li.additional_information_tab {
    display: none !important;
}

Perhaps this could be added to the FAQ or Sticky so not to further upset mods. I found only 1 post on this forum with this CSS code and it was from 2018 and you would need to be lucky to find that unless you had a idea of hiding the issue with CSS.

Mar

The fix is very simple. Just add the following CSS code in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:
I am wondering if you have tried this CSS code already. Because this don't answer your first post when you stated 'removing only these few attributes and saving/updating the product and my variation images and options are out of whack. Does anyone else have this problem?' Actually this CSS code remove the whole 'Additional Information' tab in the product page, not the back end.
This information can be entered on your product page anyway.
Again, the CSS code remove the Additional Information tab in the product page, it cannot be added.

Mar

I found only 1 post on this forum with this CSS code and it was from 2018 and you would need to be lucky to find that unless you had a idea of hiding the issue with CSS.
Actually almost no one asked about hiding the the Additional Information tab in the product page and yes you are lucky to have found one in a thread in 2018. But the CSS code is not the answer to removing some variations and keeping some.

O

OzButcher

I am wondering if you have tried this CSS code already. Because this don't answer your first post when you stated 'removing only these few attributes and saving/updating the product and my variation images and options are out of whack. Does anyone else have this problem?' Actually this CSS code remove the whole 'Additional Information' tab in the product page, not the back end.

Again, the CSS code remove the Additional Information tab in the product page, it cannot be added.

That does not make sense. Why would I come on here if I already had the answer.

Anyway, I no longer wish to quarrel with you. Problem solved.

chris37

Thanks to Alidropship Support there is a perfect solution. And I will share it since there does not seem to be a relevant post even though its been discussed to death in the past.

Editing the Attribute tags may cause problems between Aliexpress and Alidropship relating to product updates and other possible conflicts like I had so this is not a ideal solution. Instead using CSS to hide the whole Additional Information Tab makes sense. This information can be entered on your product page anyway.

Code:
/* Hide the additional information tab */
li.additional_information_tab {
    display: none !important;
}

Perhaps this could be added to the FAQ or Sticky so not to further upset mods. I found only 1 post on this forum with this CSS code and it was from 2018 and you would need to be lucky to find that unless you had a idea of hiding the issue with CSS.
Again this was discussed many time before and the solution is in this forum . Make your self a favor and use the search bar above.
The css is not the correct way to do it... I personal explain this in many thread of this forum!